Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Holder In Afghanistan, First Post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time, reading and learning, learning, learning about the wonderful Model S. I finally pulled the trigger and made my reservation after the announcement of the price increase. I'm reservation holder 14,397 and I don't expect my car until some time mid year 2013 which is perfect for me because I'll be coming home:tongue: about that time.

I'm going on vacation in January and plan to make a trip to a Tesla store so I can do my first test drive and decide what color and options I will go for after some deep discussion with the Tesla reps.

I live in Pensacola Florida and would like to know what store would be best to visit which would allow me to see various colors on actual cars. I now there are stores in Houston and the Miami area, but which one offer the best experiences and are there others stores which maybe close to Pensacola.

Thank you

Andre

I have not been to the Miami store, so this is based only my impression of the Houston store. Given the auto dealer laws in Texas, Tesla in Houston has limited ability to discuss vehicle details, specifically things that relate to commercial aspects. Since you may have limited access, it might be worth visiting a store that does not have these annoying restrictions.

Best of luck in your ownership experience. After being 1 week post-vehicle delivery, I can say the car is all it has been reported to be and more.

I live in Pensacola Florida and would like to know what store would be best to visit which would allow me to see various colors on actual cars. I now there are stores in Houston and the Miami area, but which one offer the best experiences and are there others stores which maybe close to Pensacola.

I have been to the Miami store multiple times and the personnel there were always friendly and knowledgeable. Just give them a call ahead of time so they are ready for you and plan a good test drive for you.

Thanks all for the replies, looks like I'm going to Miami:biggrin:. I'll shoot them an email and see what I can get setup. I hope they have a red Model S for viewing.

Andre

Andre,

There are two stores in South Florida -- Dania and South Beach. The Dania store is right near the Fort Lauderdale airport, and is mostly a service center now, but I think will still have a test drive car. The South Beach store is on Lincoln Road and is one of the new Tesla type stores that they've recently opened around the country. I believe they also have test drives down there. Graham is the store manager for both stores here, so if you contact him, or anyone who works for him, they can tell you the best or most convenient of the two stores to go to and where best to get a test drive. Good luck!

Locations and colors

Thanks all for the replies, looks like I'm going to Miami:biggrin:. I'll shoot them an email and see what I can get setup. I hope they have a red Model S for viewing.

Andre

I have been to the Houston store and agree that Miami is the way to go. I literally happened to walk past the Miami opening night event last month (so I of course had to join!) and at least then they had a beautiful non-signature red one front and center.

Andre

Hi Andre,

Here's a photo I took of the Miami Beach store during their opening celebration.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12147&d=1354424211.jpg

Larry

All,

I've been in contact with Graham and he filled me in on Miami and getting a good test drive. I love this forum, especially it's positive tempo were you get good solid answer and not allot of flame wars were post just simply fall to pieces.

Andre

All,

I don't mean to mislead, I'm no long in the Military, I'm a retired Marine. I retired back in 2002 and decide to return to Afghanistan as a DOD contractor because this is what I know and I still believe in supporting the Military since it was a big part of my life and my development as a man. I learned values in the Marine Corp that I never would have understood on my own as a young wild and crazy lad.

Andre