TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservation Priority

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jchau, Apr 10, 2016.

1. jchau

jchau Member

Not sure if the community can only answer in speculation or facts, but I live in California. I' reserved the M3 at the store 3/31. I am planning on purchasing a fairly close to base model M3. If person in NY made a store reservation, but fully upgrades their M3 will they placed higher on the reservation list? I am aware that anyone with a previous model S/X will be placed higher in the queue.

2. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Nobody knows. My guess is that they will roll out high spec cars west to east before moving on to lower spec cars because that will make them more money (in other words the NY person would get their car first in your scenario), but who knows.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

I have heard us rumors but nothing yet based of fact... or even a remotely credible source.

4. jchau

jchau Member

Anyone know how the Model X was rolled out?

5. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

Model X is currently rolling out 90 kW models. People are still waiting for 70s. Rumor has it the design store will be opened to the public soon, so you can go order a 90 kW Model X and you will jump ahead in line over the 70s (who have been waiting for years BTW).

So. I would expect that a NY customer buying a top battery Model 3 may very well get their Model 3 before that CA resident lowest battery size.

• Like x 1
  6. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

#6 ZAKEEUS, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    They are using a lot of variables to determine priority. Date of reservation, in store reservation, tesla employee, space x employee, current owner, location, right hand drive, and options. Not in any particular order.

• Like x 1