Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservations - Is it worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I haven't been closely following the X launch/rollout so I apologize if this is a silly or obvious question.

What is the general thinking on whether or not to put down a reservation at this point? Best guesses (no guarantees) when would reservations placed now be built? Is it better to wait and see when the reservations are exhausted and just order one - like can be done now with the S? Does it impact the thinking that I will want the equivalent of a 70D type X rather than a higher performance version - which I guess would put me at the end of the queue for production.

I'm in no rush to get one but would buy today if I could. Optimally I suppose I'd like to get it summer of next year, but I suppose that is already impossible.

Thanks.
Tim

You're best off getting in line to configure as soon as possible since no one knows for sure when it will open to everyone but reservation holders will certainly have priority. You can always choose to delay confirming your order if you aren't ready when you get invited.