Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resolved - Chevrolet "Bolt" name trademark issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this ...

UPDATE: GM told AutoblogGreen on June 1 that, "Our Chevrolet Legal team has been working closely with the USPT on the Chevrolet Bolt trademark. As of last week, our legal staff received consent from Yamaha to use the Bolt name. According to our legal team, our USPT application is back to active status."

Quick, invest in Yamaha. They've just been handed a big cash windfall...

Reminder: they negotiated with Yamaha to use the Bolt name, so they are sticking with that for now.
Just saw this ...

UPDATE: GM told AutoblogGreen on June 1 that, "Our Chevrolet Legal team has been working closely with the USPT on the Chevrolet Bolt trademark. As of last week, our legal staff received consent from Yamaha to use the Bolt name. According to our legal team, our USPT application is back to active status."
Updated the thread title to reflect.

Lame name. Makes me think of the Pixar dog character, Bolt.
Yes, its a lame name because if it doesnt have the performance the Model 3 will have, and since it's suppose to be in the same league, it will in fact not live up to the name "Bolt".

So they automatically shoot themselves in the foot from the start. Stupid GM.

Yes, its a lame name because if it doesnt have the performance the Model 3 will have, and since it's suppose to be in the same league, it will in fact not live up to the name "Bolt".

So they automatically shoot themselves in the foot from the start. Stupid GM.

Can you provide references to the Model 3 performance stats you reference? I have not seen anything whatsoever on that car other than internet "wishful thinking" sketches and such.

Can you provide references to the Model 3 performance stats you reference? I have not seen anything whatsoever on that car other than internet "wishful thinking" sketches and such.
Right, its based off of past history of Tesla, but i think it's a fairly logical assumption that the Model 3 will have great performance.

It's easy to have a kick ass car at $85k not so much at $35k... Tesla will have to make a bunch on compromises. I drive a 85D and my wife has a Volt both are awesome cars for their price point. I look forward to both the Bolt and the Model 3.

And for anyone criticizing the name Bolt should just at the name 3