Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restart clears all preferences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi dears,
When i restart Model S (press and hold the steering wheel scrolls) both screens restart couple of times!
And all my settings are deleted as if was factory reset!
I loose my profile, geo-air-suspension, favorites...etc

This started to occur after few months from having v9 2019.8.4.

Any solutions can be done without installing newer updates?
Since Software updates will disable the navigation (in Jordan) and radio.

2014 Model S P85D
V9 2019.8.4

Thanks,
Loay

I shipped a salvage US Tesla to Jordan.

The navigation doesn't work by default.
So I installed Middle East maps and changed the region to Middle East (thru local programmers/hackers )

The region configuration control some settings like: Auto Pilot, navigation, summon...

After few months i received a free OTA software update from Tesla (v9 2019.8.4)
I installed it, but all settings had been overridden including region (became US),,, so navigation is disabled again, and the radio stopped working.

I returned to those programmers and they reinstalled the software, changed the region, enabled the navigation and fixed the radio.
This programming cost money!

So I'm looking for a solution for this bug (losing all settings when reboot) without the need to install automatic updates,, since they will override all settings again :(

I shipped a salvage US Tesla to Jordan.

The navigation doesn't work by default.
So I installed Middle East maps and changed the region to Middle East (thru local programmers/hackers )

The region configuration control some settings like: Auto Pilot, navigation, summon...

After few months i received a free OTA software update from Tesla (v9 2019.8.4)
I installed it, but all settings had been overridden including region (became US),,, so navigation is disabled again, and the radio stopped working.

I returned to those programmers and they reinstalled the software, changed the region, enabled the navigation and fixed the radio.
This programming cost money!

So I'm looking for a solution for this bug (losing all settings when reboot) without the need to install automatic updates,, since they will override all settings again :(
Hi Loay, I was wondering if you were able to find a solution for this. I currently have a Tesla in Jordan which I also got from the US, and I am looking to get Middle East maps, I was hoping that you could put me in touch with the local programmers that did it for you.
Feel free to contact me on my email [email protected]
Thanks!