Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return Policy. Full refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am a long time Model 3 reservation holder. I have not yet placed my order. I have already emailed Tesla support this question, but thought I'd also throw this out there in case someone already knows the answer. This is regarding the official return policy (Return Policy). After reading through the policy, it's still not quite clear to me; assuming all return conditions are met, is the full amount returned or are there fees that are non-refundable?

As an example, assume I have a $1,000 reservation deposit for a M3, no vehicle trade-in, and pay all cash upon delivery. As far as I can tell, these are the various charges:
1) $1,000 reservation deposit
2) $2,500 deposit due when placing my M3 order
3) $1,200 Destination and Doc Fee
4) remaining balance on the vehicle
5) applicable sales tax

Are 1-5 all fully refunded? Anything I missed?

Maybe OP just wants to know the facts surrounding an expensive purchase? The policy is indeed on the Tesla website and I think it's a fair question.

I've had my Model 3 for several months now. Best car ever. However, I am naturally curious person and am also interested in the answer to OP's questions.

The verbiage about "applicable property taxes" also comes under the umbrella "fees or charges that may later become due while the vehicle was in your possession". Not totally clear.