Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RH drive countries now 2020, realistically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, will definitely be buying a used Model S 85D
Will probably get the deposit back, as by the time the 3 arrives, I don’t think I could sell it for a profit, as by then production will be 10K/week, making any wait negligible.

I don't think it's going to make much difference. The ramp up means, for those who were close to the front of the queue, that they have to go through excruciating long waits while Tesla are only making 200-500 Model 3's per month...

But by the time they even think about RHD Model 3s, they will have been at 10k a month for a long time. A six month delay in ramping up while they are at 500 vehicles a month, just means they are 3000 vehicles behind. it will be the difference between March 2019 and April 2019.

Reactions: strykeroz
So, will definitely be buying a used Model S 85D
Will probably get the deposit back, as by the time the 3 arrives, I don’t think I could sell it for a profit, as by then production will be 10K/week, making any wait negligible.
With further setbacks, will now definitely be cancelling my deposit & putting towards used Model S
By getting a used Model S, I would jump first day reservation holders for the Model 3 anyway, if I decided to reserve again.

Considering 5K/week won't be reached until mid-2018, the entire backlog won't be cleared until end of 2019 at best

Personally I don't think they will reach 5k/week this year. I just realized EM has no option other than say 2nd quarter to keep the lights on, I am 3/31 online US non-owner, currently showing "Early 2019", I fully expect it to be mid to late 2019.

Reactions: cwerdna