Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Tesla videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
97A40F0A-103B-4AF8-8D5A-FD746CC4EEA9.jpeg
Picked up mine today, I did film the initial driving in and seeing the car but had to stop filming so I could check all over the car and try to take in everything the guy was telling me. Got a few acceleration videos but not sure how it’s come out yet as haven’t had time to download footage. Here’s a photo of my pride and joy. My son of 6 absolutely loves it, I couldn’t get him off the arcades for half an hour think that’s mainly why I have hardly any power left.

Reactions: navt and -DB-
I'm so excited for you! I have no idea where mine is within the queue or when to expect it (leased via Drive Electric early June, have an RN number but that's it).

As for RHD vloggers... I've been starting a *thing* since I knew I was making the purchase, mainly as a personal record and an exercise in self-discipline, but also trying to get over my anxiety of showing my face anywhere in public!

But for what it's worth, here's my latest video (no RHD M3 in it though, for obvious reasons) where I go to the Cambridge Tesla 'gallery' and share my thoughts after my first look at the M3 in the metal:

The plan - of course - is that when (or as it sometimes feels 'if') I get my M3, I am going to explore first time EV ownership for me within the UK, by a self-proclaimed petrolhead who is essentially making a 'leap of faith'.

Thanks. A Nice little video. I look forward to seeing my first M3 in the wild.

A couple of comments...

The Model X that came later shouldn’t slow you down. The car that plugs in first gets first dibs on any available power with the second car getting what’s left over.

25kW is indeed disappointing for a 75kWh battery pack at 20% SOC. I’ve seen similar when the battery was cold soaked in mid winter, but you should be getting at least 3x that even on a cold battery. And in June it really shouldn’t be cold enough to make a difference. You might want to call service and ask them to pull the logs from the car to see what went wrong.

Is it possible that the neighbouring stall wasn't your pair but that the true pair was already in use ? The numbers on the individual stalls are not always that clear...

Even on my RWD Model S 75 (the least efficient car Tesla has made) 308Wh per mile isn’t wonderful efficiency at this time of year. I can easily get <300 on a long trip at motorway speeds. I thought the Model 3 was more efficient than that.... unless you were ‘testing’ the acceleration

Thank you for posting. Maybe a charging video next please , You ordered a SR+ , having no floors Matt's is expected. Only on the performance and LR they are standard

I wouldn't say that not having floor mats is expected.

There's nothing on the website (that I can see) which highlights the lack of floor (or boot/drunk mats).

The LR version I looked at in the store this weekend had mats, and when I asked the assistant what the differences between the LR and the SR+ versions was, he didn't mention mats once.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to being thrown manufacturer mats as a £100 option at the end of a purchase, so not having them is not entirely unexpected.

But, it would have been nice to tick the option box when making the sale.

I wouldn't say that not having floor mats is expected.

There's nothing on the website (that I can see) which highlights the lack of floor (or boot/drunk mats).

The LR version I looked at in the store this weekend had mats, and when I asked the assistant what the differences between the LR and the SR+ versions was, he didn't mention mats once.

Don't get me wrong, I'm used to being thrown manufacturer mats as a £100 option at the end of a purchase, so not having them is not entirely unexpected.

But, it would have been nice to tick the option box when making the sale.

have a look at the US youtubers and the US forums, SR and SR+ are partial premium no floor mats, they just put mats in all the model 3 in showrooms to hide the bare carpet. if you want tick Options plenty avaliable with Audi and other german marques :D

have a look at the US youtubers and the US forums, SR and SR+ are partial premium no floor mats, they just put mats in all the model 3 in showrooms to hide the bare carpet. if you want tick Options plenty avaliable with Audi and other german marques :D
I didn't expect them as I knew that SR+ didn't come with mats. I'm still dissapointed though

Ok. I'll bite...

So I *have* done my homework. And I know precisely what levels/trim come with what options etc BUT from the perspective of a 'punter' I think it's easy to be objective and to see that perhaps things like that should be made a little more upfront and open.

If it wasn't for my browsing and homework, I wouldn't know about the Aero wheel covers and the fact that I don't get live traffic updates etc. But the fact is, this forum is filled with people asking questions about details of the order, trim, purchase process which could actually be covered with a little more diligence from Tesla's online process/user experience.

To basically say 'you can get options elsewhere' isn't really an argument, is it?

All Tesla really need to do is have a 'would you like mats (+£99)?' checkbox at the end of the order form. Then they would be making money on each purchase, and we'd all know what to expect.

Ok. I'll bite...

So I *have* done my homework. And I know precisely what levels/trim come with what options etc BUT from the perspective of a 'punter' I think it's easy to be objective and to see that perhaps things like that should be made a little more upfront and open.

If it wasn't for my browsing and homework, I wouldn't know about the Aero wheel covers and the fact that I don't get live traffic updates etc. But the fact is, this forum is filled with people asking questions about details of the order, trim, purchase process which could actually be covered with a little more diligence from Tesla's online process/user experience.

To basically say 'you can get options elsewhere' isn't really an argument, is it?

All Tesla really need to do is have a 'would you like mats (+£99)?' checkbox at the end of the order form. Then they would be making money on each purchase, and we'd all know what to expect.

ideally it would work but every $ counts for tesla, upsell for items , would involve more sales staff which tesla really wants to reduce such costs. online accessories store seems to be the way in the US but even then they are struggling to fulfill the orders as most items are out of stock. This then means third party companies selling tesla accessories and they are making a mint in the US. I guess the RHD market being smaller and not really established yet it will take some time before we see a major fulfillment from an independent UK tesla accessories store

Can anyone confirm if the mats are sold at the service centres? I'm waiting to pick mine up from Birmingham but no delivery date yet.

I'm hoping to get floor mats and the Type 2 cable with the car, if they aren't then I'll just have to pay for them while I am there, I guess.