Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V12 UK update. Tesla 3 performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not likely to be any time soon. There are more hurdles than the grand national to get over whilst riding on a seaside donkey. And I also get the feeling the latest changes are ensuring you’re paying a lot of attention to the cars driving, possibly more than some people currently do whilst driving without autopilot/fsd.

Tesla doesn't have much interest in getting this out to more countries when they haven't yet perfected it in the USA. There's a limited amount of compute they have for training and adding in more countries would slow progress in the USA down. Realistically it is best they focus on their primary market at the moment from a progress point of view.

Sucks for us in other countries but you should be realistic and accept it could be 5 - 10 years still until they do anything here. If it comes sooner then great but otherwise don't get your hopes up. I do hope though they'll at least do motorways like blue cruise with hands off at some point but not sure their system is good enough for that.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Tesla doesn't have much interest in getting this out to more countries when they haven't yet perfected it in the USA. There's a limited amount of compute they have for training and adding in more countries would slow progress in the USA down. Realistically it is best they focus on their primary market at the moment from a progress point of view.

Sucks for us in other countries but you should be realistic and accept it could be 5 - 10 years still until they do anything here. If it comes sooner then great but otherwise don't get your hopes up. I do hope though they'll at least do motorways like blue cruise with hands off at some point but not sure their system is good enough for that.
With respect, I hope you are wrong but we're see. I definitely don't see it anytime soon. It's a shame. I applied for the Tesla FSD job. Here's hoping.
Thank you anyway.

Sometime in 2026 was the latest fuzzy, warm estimate from the current transport secretary for FSD Supervised in UK.
This☝🏼

And that's really optimistic, it's highly likely that the election will disrupt the current plan and we won't have regulations that allow self driving for even longer. Nothing Tesla can do about it, depends on our government.

Reactions: Pink Duck
FSD isn’t self driving so I’m not sure what that legislation, that’s targeted at actual autonomous driving, has to do with Tesla.
The bill covers driver supervision as well as fully autonomous vehicles, and it's the only bill that's going to be bringing in regulation to allow anything like what Tesla FSD does in the US.

Reactions: Mr Simo
The bill covers driver supervision as well as fully autonomous vehicles, and it's the only bill that's going to be bringing in regulation to allow anything like what Tesla FSD does in the US.
But FSD requires you be to supervising it at all times, in exactly the same way as Autopilot or any other assistance system requires you to be supervising it at all times so I'm not sure what you think this new legislation will help with as Tesla don't provide hands off or eyes off functionality.

Reactions: Mr Simo
Two separate things to note with this:

• When FSD is legally allowed here, and
  • What FSD is actually capable of today, which has nothing to do with regs and everything to do with Tesla.

The subject of this thread was when we will see FSD Beta v12 in the UK, not about what the current version we have is capable of.
I think the answer is we'll never see FSD Beta v12 in the UK because by the time any progress is made here, Tesla will be long past v12.

Also whatever does eventually come to the UK, might not work on HW3.0. They say HW3.0 is capable which potentially they've sort of proved in the US but they also say HW4.0 will be even safer / better. At some point they'll get to the point where they'll say HW3.0 is good enough and feel confident that no one can sue them and win otherwise. I mean HW3.0 is just about dying off now for new cars, how long will they keep improving FSD Beta for it? For now for sure as it's the largest fleet they have but in 5 - 10 years time, do we think they'll still be developing for HW3.0 or have said that one is good enough and moved to newer generations. I think they'll have long since dropped it. It's not economical to keep supporting old cars.

By the time they can bring this to the UK, will they retro fit it back to HW3.0 and cars with hardware they've not sold for many years? I honestly don't think so and frankly I think if you have a HW3.0 car, you'll probably never see FSD in the UK. Might not even see it on HW4.0 either as they could be on HW5.0 / HW6.0 by the time we get it here.

Reactions: boombap and Mr Simo
Hi. There seems to be some confusion. It's my bad as I typed it out wrong.
I'm not looking for a jump in and sit there so the car is fully automated.
I mean point to point assisted driving. FastLane pretty much summed it up. I think we're be flying in UFO's before we get v12/ full drive assisted.
Btw, the latest update had my car want to steer into the curb on the dual carriage way. It's getting worse.
Thank you.