Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride Height With 22”s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I’m the proud new owner of a 2019 MX100! Sold my Porsche Panamera Turbo and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I have a couple questions regarding ride height. The car was delivered at SC with 20” inch rims with default ride height at low. I just got the turbine 22”s installed a couple days ago at the SC and again they gave me the car still on default ride height at low. My question is should I leave it on the low setting as clearly this how they want it or they would have changed it to standard if it were meant to be in standard I assume. Also, I changed the ride height at a red light to high just to mess around, and now every time I come to that same red light my car raises to High. LOL. How do I clear the GPS or the setting so it stops raising my car every time I come to that location? Love the black 22”s! Thank you!!!

Attachments

• A0A7285C-E829-4FC8-8A92-0F00A03B5A5C.jpeg
    A0A7285C-E829-4FC8-8A92-0F00A03B5A5C.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 103
The 22" has shorter sidewall. Total diameter between the two are the same. Neither ride height settin nor other things like speedometer calibration should be affected.

Congrats on your new X and welcome to the family from a fellow former Porsche owner. People here, at least most people here, are always happy to help.

Reactions: VikH
Hello I’m the proud new owner of a 2019 MX100! Sold my Porsche Panamera Turbo and it’s been the best decision I’ve made. I have a couple questions regarding ride height. The car was delivered at SC with 20” inch rims with default ride height at low. I just got the turbine 22”s installed a couple days ago at the SC and again they gave me the car still on default ride height at low. My question is should I leave it on the low setting as clearly this how they want it or they would have changed it to standard if it were meant to be in standard I assume. Also, I changed the ride height at a red light to high just to mess around, and now every time I come to that same red light my car raises to High. LOL. How do I clear the GPS or the setting so it stops raising my car every time I come to that location? Love the black 22”s! Thank you!!!

No need to worry about ride height. As others have said, your wheel+tire is the same diameter as your 20"ers.

Also, holy hell that garage is awesome!

The 22" has shorter sidewall. Total diameter between the two are the same. Neither ride height settin nor other things like speedometer calibration should be affected.

Congrats on your new X and welcome to the family from a fellow former Porsche owner. People here, at least most people here, are always happy to help.
Thanks! It’s definitely an adjustment utilizing google and forums to find out different things on MX. I love the car so far and couldn’t imagine going back at this point to a “regular” car. The Porsche Panamera Turbo was an amazing car but the Tesla is like it’s straight from the future. I’ve never had so many people ask me “what kind of car is that?” Or people so interested in my car even when I had the Porsche.