Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride quality vs other luxury cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It the replacement price of a battery pack not half this price? Have never seen this 45k pricepoint, but I might have missed it?

The $45,000 was mentioned here in TMC forums in 2013 when an owner saw what his insurance company paid Tesla for a battery replacement. The $45,000 was for a remanufactured battery, not even a brand new one, which would have cost even more.

It's a car sitting on top of a ~$45,000 (MSRP) battery. Once you take that off the top, the Model S is much more equivalent to a $40,000-$50,000 car. Judge it accordingly.

Why? The price is often in the 80-100k region (often more). Why shouldn't you compare against other cars in that same price range? Regardless of whether it's called a premium car vs luxury car or not, its fair to compare against luxury cars in the same price range. People should know what they're sacrificing for that battery you mention.

All that said, I have no regrets about mine. I love the ride (somewhat wish I'd gotten a p85 rather than an s85 though). Cabin noise can be a high on the highway but I do think that's partly due to the lack of engine noise. The effect of the instant torque really is huge though.

If you reread everything luster (I would leave off the comment about the sound system) and LetsGoFast say , you have a very accurate comparison between comfort level of the Model S and other similarly priced cars.
Very well thought out and written.