Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right head light stopped working for a day, now it is working again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, my right head light did not function for a day. It is functioning now but I still have a mobile service scheduled for this week. Could it be a connector problem or maybe the LEDs starting to give up? The car is just a bit over a year old, so I assume it is covered under warranty. Any thoughts what the issue might be?

I had the exact same issue a couple of weeks back. I kept the appt so the ranger could check diagnostics and rule out a loose wire or something similar. No issues found and it hasn't recurred.
My appt has been pushed back by two weeks citing parts shortage. So I assume the ranger is coming with parts and if there is an issue, they will change it. I'll also keep the appt for the time being although the past three days there was no issue.

Reactions: DocHolliday
So the right head light was replaced under warranty, but guess what, the replaced unit was defective as well. I am now waiting again for part availability :(
So it will be about a month for me now without a functioning right head light.

Nope, the previous one had the LED not lit up at all. This one is different. The LED bulb height cannot be properly adjusted. Even at its lowest setting, it is blinding on-coming traffic. So different head light, different problem :(

Did the issue with your original unit come back? If not why not just leave the fully-functional original in place? Mine still hasn't re-occurred, FWIW.
Sorry, I think I have not understood your question. Yes, the problem had happened again and they told me that they run a diagnostic and that they need to replace the whole unit. The issue was that the unit they installed was defective as well :)