Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right rear tire wearing faster...much faster..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title describes, my right rear tire is worn nearly bald, while the left rear still just past treadwear bar.
Fronts still have half the life left it would seem.

Tire shouldnt matter but its a Hankook RS4 265 18

I do drive hard, and I do slide alot on the street, but i wouldnt think it favors one side or the other....is the "Diff" sending all the power to the right rear and just slipping excessively? Any way to see the data on wheel spin?
IMG_5872.jpeg
IMG_5871.jpeg

didnt think about the brake caliper, but will check that out.

i need to understand the diff behavior better.... i dont take left turns much more then right, but maybe the outside tire slips/spins more during left turns then right.

had the alignment done earlier this year when new tires went on.

2023 MYLR 7000 miles in and found out my rear right tire is wearing a lot faster than the rest, same as OP's case. All 4 tires are wearing down evening (which makes me believe the alignment is okay), 3 are at 7/32 but only the rear right tire is at 5/32 which is almost in yellow zone according to the gauge.

Did a quick search and found one explanation that makes sense -- the rear differential is designed to (directly) spin the right tire going forward, causing the excess wear.

Ref: Why does the right rear tire wear out much faster than the left or the front tires? Mine was nearly entirely bald, but the left was not n...