Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
October 7th 2021.... Ordered My 22Mod S LR metallic midnight silver, White int, 21" and FSD, for delivery in Calgary Alberta, originally said my EDD was Feb 20 to Mar 20th, 2 weeks ago date was pushed to May18-June 20 WTF Tesla?? Super frustrating waiting and expecting only to be disappointed, I love the car, that's why I placed the order but man oh man what a gongshow! Anybody getting any LR deliveries into Alberta??

October 7th 2021.... Ordered My 22Mod S LR metallic midnight silver, White int, 21" and FSD, for delivery in Calgary Alberta, originally said my EDD was Feb 20 to Mar 20th, 2 weeks ago date was pushed to May18-June 20 WTF Tesla?? Super frustrating waiting and expecting only to be disappointed, I love the car, that's why I placed the order but man oh man what a gongshow! Anybody getting any LR deliveries into Alberta??
Unless your reservation number starts with RN1149 or earlier (May-ish 2021 orders or earlier), you’re not likely going to get too much sympathy in this thread.

Just to close out my part of this thread I did get my car today!

A few small things they need to fix but the car seems great based on the 17 miles i drove so far!
One word of warning - if you happen to have ordered before the refresh announce they offered a 2k discount on the 10k price increase (from the old s to the refresh s) that they are now telling me has expired as of 12/31/2021. Completely ridiculous as i never changed my config, refused delivery, or anything. they just never delivered my car.

Good luck to everyone left in this situation! While we have all read that eventually a car will be delivered I can attest that eventually it seems to be true ;)
LOL. That's amazing. I look forward to that argument with my SA. Seems like typical Tesla customer service.

Reactions: yetanotherevownr
Majority of VINs I see posted here are going to orders made after us. Depressing to see.
I've asked my SA twice what "priority delivery" means given that others are getting their cars with the exact config and higher order numbers. Last week I said, "What do I need to do to activate and take advantage of the so-called 'priority delivery' I was offered." He hasn't replied...

Hey thanks for the reply, my RN starts like this... RN1157 what does this mean to you lol I'm new to the whole tesla order and wait thing but learning patience has never been easy for me until now lol
Those in this thread have been waiting since May of last year, or earlier. Some have been waiting over a year. We can all guarantee there will be someone who will receive your exact configuration sooner than you, even though your order was placed before theirs. If you’re able to figure out how Tesla prioritizes deliveries, you’ll have answered the million dollar question. If you struggle with patience, this isn’t going to be much fun for you. All that said, we hear that these vehicles are worth the wait, if that’s any consolation.

Reactions: Forcelite
I've asked my SA twice what "priority delivery" means given that others are getting their cars with the exact config and higher order numbers. Last week I said, "What do I need to do to activate and take advantage of the so-called 'priority delivery' I was offered." He hasn't replied...
Funny as to "priority delivery..." In another thread, someone boasted about their "loyalty advisor." Even sent me a PM with the name and number, Got voice mail. Left a lengthy message with the details two weeks ago. Crickets in response and still have a March window which will put my delivery just over one year from ordering. Part of me wants the EQS580 I ordered in November to come first. Mercedes took the order with no deposit (I ordered a configuration they apparently thought would sell easily with another client) knowing I would take whichever car came first.

the good news is, as mentioned i got my car (date in my signature, i think around january 18th ish) - the bad news, it's been in the shop since monday, no end in site, i think i will need a new motor among other minor repair things.
so....the plus of still waiting is you didn't pay them yet!!!!!
as just about everyone has said, worth the wait - mostly incredible, but a few rough edges, stupid annoying things with the software, etc. and each day you wait, there's a chance a newer firmware will come out addressing some of those things, or maybe even new head and tail lights!
so, stay strong! stay vigilant! just stay! :)

the good news is, as mentioned i got my car (date in my signature, i think around january 18th ish) - the bad news, it's been in the shop since monday, no end in site, i think i will need a new motor among other minor repair things.
as just about everyone has said, worth the wait - mostly incredible, but a few rough edges, stupid annoying things with the software, etc. and each day you wait, there's a chance a newer firmware will come out addressing some of those things, or maybe even new head and tail lights!
Damn. Sorry to hear that. I certainly hope for no major issues it will be hard for the wife to overcome the pain of waiting so long for a car and then having to wait even longer for a repair. We got rid of her car back in July expecting a Tesla around September or surely soon after. Yet we are still waiting 😬😬

Did Tesla give you a loaner? I’ve heard mixed reviews on loaner availability

Quick update, RN1149

Picked up the car on 2/8. The car is awesome. Tesla's customer service is terrible.
What a bummer. Hope they sort that out quickly, otherwise sounds like a potential lemon situation.

I was RN1149. Identical build as yours (though I added FSD late in the game hoping that would speed up VIN assignment).

Took delivery on 2/8. Car is awesome so far. Huge improvement over my 2018 MS. Customer service - not so awesome.

I found an identical car in inventory (posted about this earlier in this thread), "bought" it online on 1/26, then eventually got Tesla to assign it to my RN1149 order (after they originally said this was impossible). VIN469. Delivery appointment was pushed back 2x. Despite being told numerous times that the car would have all seasons, it arrived with performance tires. They eventually agreed to swap the tires (which took some back and forth). Some rock chips found at delivery, kind of a bummer for a car with 5 miles. Guess it happened in transit from CA to the east coast.

Looks like supply is starting to catch up with demand. Lots of Plaids available consistently in inventory and lots of LR VIN assignments coming through.

Reactions: VikH