Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip - Should I Question My Sanity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok made it back - great trip. A few things I learned along the way:

1. Something is wrong with my battery cooling. After every Supercharger (even with 72 degrees ambient temperature) we got an error on the screen that said air conditioning was being shut off to divert cooling to the system. Going in to the Devon, PA shop this friday.
2. The supercharging network is remarkably designed and placed with almost no defective stations. It is well maintained.
3. Yellowstone Park which touts being eco friendly (you can't even buy a plastic bottle of water, only recyclable aluminum cans are available), is extremely ignorant of EV cars in general. There are two superchargers one at the west entrance and one near the south entrance. Finding a charger which was usually a 30A level II charger took a lot of detective work. Got quite a few long pauses on phone calls and funny looks when I asked for if there was EV charging available anywhere. Plugshare was the key here when you could get cell phone connection.
4. We traveled for almost 2 weeks including July 3rd a VERY busy travel day. And never waited for a spot at a Supercharger and only shared a charger once (someone at 1a while we were at 1b).
5. Nashville for a big city is devoid of superchargers.
Did you find out about the AC diverting to cooling?
What year is ur p1d? Mine is 2019 I think