Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip to the Grand Canyon on Tesla Vision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my new MYLR on its first road trip from Phoenix going north to the Grand Canyon. This car is fantastic for road trips. There were a couple of phantom braking instances where the car just freaked out when it noticed a parked car on the side. I don't think this is specific to Tesla Vision MYs as I've heard of these types of brakes happening on the sensor equipped ones as well. Not that big of a deal.

Now, what I consider a big deal, at least in my experience, is driving on AP at night. The forced auto high beam functionality is definitely in beta (or alpha) phase. I think I've upset many cars in front of me, or ones on the opposite side of the road because it toggled the the high beam a lot. I really tried to drive on AP more, but it was quite unpleasant and potentially dangerous. After trying AP for about 15 minutes, I decided to turn it off and drive manually. I'm hoping future software updates will improve this functionality.

For now, I will stick to using AP in the daytime or in well lit roads at night.