Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadie?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the performance of that feature spotty at best.

I agree. I have one as well. It's a great idea, and kudos for the one developer that builds and supports it. It can do what it advertises but the reliability isn't there yet. From spotty connections to long buffer times to load/stream/download videos. When you're in the car, it works great, and yes you can just view footage on the touchscreen, but I feel the Roadie's interface is better to navigate and browse. But once you leave the car the performance is hit or miss.

The good thing is the developer is still supporting it and hasn't totally abandoned the project. So I'm hoping it can only get better.

I don't see much value to the sentrysync since it only uploads on wifi.... the only time I'd care about my videos being in the cloud instead of local is if someone stole my USB storage in the car- which would only happen when I'm NOT on wifi and I wouldn't get the video I actually care about having.

The wireless charger I don't really see the point of either, it's arguably slower than wired for many phones and if you have to leave it in the cubby what does "wireless" get you over snapping into the wired plug in the same place other than I guess horizontal charging?

But in the charger case- either way it's 2 charging wires between dock and ports so there's no rube goldberg aspect to it.... and a couple navaks are a ton better than dumb hubs others use to split the ports.

I agree. I have one as well. It's a great idea, and kudos for the one developer that builds and supports it. It can do what it advertises but the reliability isn't there yet. From spotty connections to long buffer times to load/stream/download videos. When you're in the car, it works great, and yes you can just view footage on the touchscreen, but I feel the Roadie's interface is better to navigate and browse. But once you leave the car the performance is hit or miss.

The good thing is the developer is still supporting it and hasn't totally abandoned the project. So I'm hoping it can only get better.

Just wanted to follow up on this. Roadie had an update recently, and not sure what the developer changed, but it works much better now. Connection is much better/faster, load times are faster. It's just much more reliable. I think it's worth getting mainly for the convenience of checking your videos wirelessly when you're out of the car

Just wanted to follow up on this. Roadie had an update recently, and not sure what the developer changed, but it works much better now. Connection is much better/faster, load times are faster. It's just much more reliable. I think it's worth getting mainly for the convenience of checking your videos wirelessly when you're out of the car
Glad you mentioned it. I had kind of given up on mine as I don't have the time to mess with it. I may give it another go.

Glad you mentioned it. I had kind of given up on mine as I don't have the time to mess with it. I may give it another go.

If by 'mess with it', you mean something went wrong and you're trying to troubleshoot, I would try to repair disk (steps to do that here: Repair Disk — Roadie for Tesla). Reach out to the developer if you need help.

I ran into issues with mine (had to repair disk), but got it back up and working again, then the update happened and it's been good since.

Good luck!