Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadside assistance disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
blew a tire on the way home from work, still sitting here waiting for the tow truck for 3 HOURS.

Was told it would be less than 60 minutes. Nobody follows up, I have to keep calling.

This is really pathetic

understand, but that's why i said "roadside assistance disaster", and it was from a assistance perspective IMO. agree it was not a disaster, i'm fine, car is fine, and life is good. but treating customers like that isn't good and can lead to bad outcomes if its a pattern

Reactions: croman and disagree
while sitting on the side of the road waiting for assistance is probably one of the worst experiences that someone would have to endure people need to realize that there are limited resources for roadside assistance.
I cannot be certain but it is possible that you got stuck in a queue because there were many cars at that time waiting for assistance. If I am not mistaken Tesla contracts out the roadside assistance services and you are at the mercy of those contractors. It might be wise to consider getting another option via AAA or your insurance company for roadside services. that said, in some places it is the same contractor providing the services.
yes it stinks but I don't know what other options you have.

understand, but that's why i said "roadside assistance disaster", and it was from a assistance perspective IMO. agree it was not a disaster, i'm fine, car is fine, and life is good. but treating customers like that isn't good and can lead to bad outcomes if its a pattern
If someone can dismiss a complaint about Tesla by deliberately misinterpreting someone else, you can bet your ass they'll deliberately misinterpret.

There are suggestions here that there are non-Tesla options. But if Tesla can't tell you "it's gonna be 5 hours," you wouldn't know to turn to those alternatives.

Maybe if all these alternatives had an app -- like Uber -- that allows you to track the vehicles that's coming to help you.

while sitting on the side of the road waiting for assistance is probably one of the worst experiences that someone would have to endure people need to realize that there are limited resources for roadside assistance.
I cannot be certain but it is possible that you got stuck in a queue because there were many cars at that time waiting for assistance. If I am not mistaken Tesla contracts out the roadside assistance services and you are at the mercy of those contractors. It might be wise to consider getting another option via AAA or your insurance company for roadside services. that said, in some places it is the same contractor providing the services.
yes it stinks but I don't know what other options you have.
Since you "disagreed" with my post above that just provides the Webster definition of disaster (I guess you should publish your own dictionary)...

I'll "disagree" with the bolded part of your post above. If that qualifies as one of the worst experiences someone would have to endure, you either have a flair for hyperbole or are 12 years old and have not experienced true tragedies in yours or loved ones' lives.

Sitting on the side of the road without updates is neither a "disaster" (as the OP agrees) nor one of the worst experiences... It is frustrating, and inconvenient, and should not happen if Tesla (and the local companies they contract with) provide the service in a timely, professional manner.

My daughter went through a similar experience on the way to the airport to pick me up. Oh the horror. She and I had to wait two hours while the tow company Tesla contracted was slow to respond. We both chalked it up to "stuff happens" and went on our way a little later than planned.

Life is about how you choose to respond to the challenges and situations that are thrown your way.

Since you "disagreed" with my post above that just provides the Webster definition of disaster (I guess you should publish your own dictionary)...

I'll "disagree" with the bolded part of your post above. If that qualifies as one of the worst experiences someone would have to endure, you either have a flair for hyperbole or are 12 years old and have not experienced true tragedies in yours or loved ones' lives.

Sitting on the side of the road without updates is neither a "disaster" (as the OP agrees) nor one of the worst experiences... It is frustrating, and inconvenient, and should not happen if Tesla (and the local companies they contract with) provide the service in a timely, professional manner.

My daughter went through a similar experience on the way to the airport to pick me up. Oh the horror. She and I had to wait two hours while the tow company Tesla contracted was slow to respond. We both chalked it up to "stuff happens" and went on our way a little later than planned.

Life is about how you choose to respond to the challenges and situations that are thrown your way.

while I am reluctant to wish anything bad happening to anyone I can't wait for the day you are stuck on the side of busy highway in inclement weather with your mother in law in the back seat while you get to wait hours for a service van to arrive.
here's a definition for you to absorb
the definition of pedantic

Tesla finding us a good Run Flat tire would make people much happier. I had Run Flats on my old CTS and had 2 flats which I was able to drive over 50 miles with the flat which made the experience of having a flat a much more pleasant experience.

• Disagree
Reactions: CSFTN
Where I live, the most likely scenario is that I will have a flat where there is no cell service. That is why I carry a jack, breaker bar, torque wrench plug kit and air compressor. Or, buy a spare from bimmerzone for an X5 for $200. I've had run flats on BMWs and they are rough and can't be repaired. Did you check back to see what the hold up was? Occasionally the services are swamped or have some other problem.

Reactions: CSFTN