Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 203X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until battery efficiency improves, that 620 mile range is vaporware. It's like taking two Model 3 battery packs and shoving it into the roadster. Not gonna happen. Elon made a bet that it was "easy" to increase cell capacity... but of course he's not a chemist and just makes stuff up.

• Disagree
Reactions: MD70 and af88
Until battery efficiency improves, that 620 mile range is vaporware. It's like taking two Model 3 battery packs and shoving it into the roadster. Not gonna happen. Elon made a bet that it was "easy" to increase cell capacity... but of course he's not a chemist and just makes stuff up.
And every time he makes a comment about software he proves he’s just making that stuff up too…but he’s a great salesman and entrepreneur

There is a custom M3 testbed with 600m+ range on the road already, it's a prototype M3 which Elon himself sometimes drives. The Master Tech who used to service my Plaid knows his tech personally and has seen the vehicle himself, they test all kinds of new features on that vehicle. Bottom line is they can get 600m now with the existing battery tech, likely won't be production. When SS goes production, that is where the weight to energy density ratio will benefit a roadster most. So they can do it with current and newer cells, but it will be less than ideal. I wouldn't put anything past them now, the roadster is such low priority, if you have your reservations still tied you should reconsider and ask for a refund like myself and many others

comical, coming from someone who thinks b/c CT doesn't have it, it must not exist, you are the type that needs to get a slap in the face to believe it. I provided insider info and you have provided Zero content of Value but your opinion.

thanks for the laugh, move along with your m3, you probably can't even afford a roadster. LOL

There is a custom M3 testbed with 600m+ range on the road already, it's a prototype M3 which Elon himself sometimes drives. The Master Tech who used to service my Plaid knows his tech personally and has seen the vehicle himself, they test all kinds of new features on that vehicle. Bottom line is they can get 600m now with the existing battery tech, likely won't be production. When SS goes production, that is where the weight to energy density ratio will benefit a roadster most. So they can do it with current and newer cells, but it will be less than ideal. I wouldn't put anything past them now, the roadster is such low priority, if you have your reservations still tied you should reconsider and ask for a refund like myself and many others
Yeah well the tech at my service center told me that the roadster never existed and he just took preorders to buy twitter.