Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster lease question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Is anyone here currently leasing a Roadster? I am thinking about going ahead with the 'lease until the Model S arrives' program they are offering and was wondering what people thought of the lease terms and service. Thanks.

We are going the lease route.
Just took delivery a few days ago.
Service has been outstanding.
We are also thrilled with being able to drop the lease as soon as we take delivery of a model S as that is the vehicle we really want:)

I will post an update when I know more. I am probably in the minority here, but my last car was supposed to be my last "sports car" ever. But I am leasing the Roadster as a place-holder for my Model-S. I just placed the order, I don't expect delivery until September.

I read the leasing contract, and it is a standard big corporation contract... worded strongly in their favor. There is no non-disclosure clause, so... There are a couple issues I didn't like, but I didn't feel strongly about it to argue. One was the fact that they don't take a trade-in. That means you end up with more taxes. In addition to paying for depreciation, they charge something they call "rent" which really jacks up the price. $17k for 3 years! So, with depreciation, rent, finance charges, taxes and fees, by the end of 3 years, I will have paid $115k total. However, I will not be paying that much, because I have opted for the "Early turn-in option." That being said, however, in addition to the "rent" I will have paid up to that time, they add insult to injury by charging a stupid nominal $350 "disposition fee" to take back the car (I assume for detailing it for re-sale).

I guess that is the price I pay for not being able to wait to cut my ties to oil.

Are you getting at 2.5 then? There's a 2.0 sport model with everything I'd want in the car for same lease price as a 2.5 Roadster with same options. Any suggestions? Is a Sport worth it if it's the older radio and interior? I know it's awesome car, tough decision I guess.

Well, it looks like this Roadster 2.0 Sport that is available has the new 2.5 seats and PEM so the only think missing is the new electronics package and the exterior changes. Is the new electronics package that nice? Haven't seen it yet.

Last edited: