TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster Safety Items

Discussion in 'Roadster: Performance' started by Tovar, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Tovar

Tovar Member

A friend totaled his Roadster last night. A red light runner T-Boned the passenger door at 45MPH, and injuries were 2 broken ribs, a banged up knee, and a passenger broken collar bone.

I have attached a picture of what is inside the door to illustrate the safety measures Tesla incorporated to keep occupants safe.

1603- 076.jpg

• Like x 1
  2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Yes, its one nice sized beam in there. What's with the two different colors on the Roadster? Red driver door, silver passenger door, and a silver cabin. Was the driver's side damage previously?

3. AltPowr

AltPowr Member

Actually, I don't think Tesla did anything. I have seen the inside of a Lotus Elise door years ago, and I think it looked exactly the same. So I think that may be standard Elise hardware used in the Roadster.

4. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

The doors on the roadster are significantly bigger than the Elise as the door sill is lowered by an inch..
    So I don't know if they copied the Elise's design but if they did,
    it was at a minimum a deliberate decision to keep it safe as they had to redraw it significantly!