Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Roadster Seat Removal - Has anyone ever done this?

Egads, I found a couple of incredible carbon fiber seats for my Roadster and am attempting to switch out the stock seats. It was quite a chore taking out the drivers seat and fitting in the carbon seat within the bracket, but eventually, got it to work. Onward to the passenger seat, but as I attempt to lift the seat out, I discover that it's attached to the parking brake! Unbelievable, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger seat?

hcsharp

Jun 7, 2011
Vermont
Egads, I found a couple of incredible carbon fiber seats for my Roadster and am attempting to switch out the stock seats. It was quite a chore taking out the drivers seat and fitting in the carbon seat within the bracket, but eventually, got it to work. Onward to the passenger seat, but as I attempt to lift the seat out, I discover that it's attached to the parking brake! Unbelievable, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the passenger seat?

Several of us have done it. You can check this thread about Noise-Reduction-Kit for more info. After you take the driver's seat out (yes, you'll have to take it back out) then you get access to the bolts in the e-brake housing that hold the passenger seat in. Sounds like you've already done the hardest part which is the right-front bolt.

While you've got the seats out, I recommend doing some soundproofing in the cabin.

ernst

't is een grijze.
Nov 1, 2010
Did it before and yes first the drivers seat and then the rest including the break gear etc. Front right passengers seat bold it the hardest. Even the Tesla sc ripped the mf fabric when they took them out of the original car before I bought them. What is so special about the new carbon fiber seat? I thought the standart seat already had a carbon hull?

Several of us have done it. You can check this thread about Noise-Reduction-Kit for more info. After you take the driver's seat out (yes, you'll have to take it back out) then you get access to the bolts in the e-brake housing that hold the passenger seat in. Sounds like you've already done the hardest part which is the right-front bolt.

While you've got the seats out, I recommend doing some soundproofing in the cabin.

Thanks so much for the information and tip! That information probably saved me a couple of hours.

IMG_1368[1].JPG
IMG_1370[1].JPG
IMG_1378[1].JPG

The seats, side by side, for comparison. The carbon fiber just meshes so well with the rest of the car. (The brown door panel will be changed as well).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC