Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Signature 250. Charge on public station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

I am about to purchase a Roadster Signature 250 with a car reseller. The guy is not an expert in Tesla and he cannot answer my questions. I am then trying on this forum.

Do you know if this model can be charged using Paris public network Autolib'? I can see everyday model S in charge but I want to be sure I can charge my future roadster on this network.

Thanks in avance for your help.

The roadster has a unique connector, but as @ggr pointed out Henry Sharp (@hcsharp) sells both J1772 and Type II adaptors for the roadster.

It looks like the Autolib stations have have a Type 1 (J1772) connector and a Type 3 socket for a Type 3 cable. That leaves you with a couple of options for a Roadster. You could purchase a CAN JR (Type1/J1772-to-Roadster adapter). But the majority of public charging stations in Europe are Type 2. For that reason you'd be better off to buy a CAN EU (Type 2-to-Roadster adapter) and a Type 3-to-Type 2 cable for Autolib use. The CAN EU would give you the freedom to travel almost anywhere in Europe and allows you to use the new 60/63A high-power stations.

Incidentally the Autolib web site says that their charging stations are compatible with "tous les modeles" of Tesla ("all models"). I don't trust such statements but it's probably true if you have the right adapter and/or cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpeilow
USA got 100 "Signature 100" which were all 1.5s

Proper Europe production started later, and they got the "Signature 250", which included (I think) a mix of 1.5's and 2.0's.

sig250.jpg

Reactions: dpeilow
But the majority of public charging stations in Europe are Type 2. For that reason you'd be better off to buy a CAN EU (Type 2-to-Roadster adapter) and a Type 3-to-Type 2 cable for Autolib use. The CAN EU would give you the freedom to travel almost anywhere in Europe and allows you to use the new 60/63A high-power stations.

This is exactly right, the OP should get this option.