TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadtrip: Top left to bottom right Supercharger trip

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Teo_atawki, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Teo_atawki

Teo_atawki Sig S res #703

Check out the blog at TeslaAdventure.com

2. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Interesting read. Some observations:
    1. He's driving a sig with a fairly unbalanced/degraded pack with 222 miles 90% charge and 253 for range charge. many times he got to around 250 and didn't wait for charge complete. Wonder if the pack would have rebalanced and added more miles if he waited each time he did a range charge.
    2. Took a risk in the snow to reach the supercharger instead of topping off at his daughter's place. Luckily, he made it driving 6 miles under "charge now"
    3. Wasn't so lucky with the uphill to Kingman
    4. Ouch! with the damage due to tire chains. Actually cutting through the rear suspension arms is remarkable. I guess they weren't the Tesla approved ones.
    5. Looks like he made it to Florida, but didn't get to update the blog for 7 days since Indiana. Hope he has time to backfill.
    6. He's driving back too.

Bill, you took some awesome photos! I particularly liked the one outside of Barstow on Feb 13 post. Thanks so much for sharing your adventure with all of us. Very brave to do this by yourself in winter.

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Besides cutting it close and beyond close, he is usually charging to 90% even when not needed. He really needs to learn about EVTripPlanner and charging to predicted plus safety, and not always to 90%; this would save him a lot of time at the Superchargers.

4. Teo_atawki

Teo_atawki Sig S res #703

I'm rarely waiting to reach 90%. I find that by the time I've logged my numbers, bathroom break, and grabbed a bite to eat, evangelized anyone curious about the car or the chargers, the car is often waiting for me. That's how I get a week behind on postings.

Yes, I will backfill. Spoiler alert: The "adventure" has been much more tame since Indiana.