Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocket arrived today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a long wait, we collected our car today. All snug in the drive charging away.....I forgot to ask about switching the headlamps for EU driving is there a switch?

Gary

IMG_5669.jpg

Congratulations!

My understanding (though it's second hand knowledge) is that the beam shape is so tightly defined that the headlights do not need adapting for driving in Europe at all.

The low beams are definitely set up for RHD, and "bleed over" to the left. I've parked up on a pavement on the wrong side of the road, and got lots of angry flashing from passing motorists due to me dazzling them. Not sure if there is a lever like a lot of modern cars to switch them. My mate's SL can switch on the fly from the dashboard :eek:

Last time I drove to Europe I (not in the Tesla) I didn't bother doing anything, so I just avoided driving at night, if you can manage this tactic just stick some black insulation tape vaguely like it would work on the lenses, and you will be fine ;) This is a trick passed onto me from the Lotus boys on thee annual Le Mans trip :D