TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rocket arrived today!

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Puslinch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Puslinch

Puslinch Member

After a long wait, we collected our car today. All snug in the drive charging away.....I forgot to ask about switching the headlamps for EU driving is there a switch?

Gary

IMG_5669.jpg

2. smac

smac Active Member

You got a plaque with your name.. no fair :( (The showroom still had electricians and plumbers working in it when I picked mine up ;) )

Looks lovely though, I hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine!

3. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Congratulations!

My understanding (though it's second hand knowledge) is that the beam shape is so tightly defined that the headlights do not need adapting for driving in Europe at all.

4. Rluner

Rluner Member

Big gz!

Ive had mine two weeks and done just over 1500 miles. Amazing cars, enjoy!

5. smac

smac Active Member

The low beams are definitely set up for RHD, and "bleed over" to the left. I've parked up on a pavement on the wrong side of the road, and got lots of angry flashing from passing motorists due to me dazzling them. Not sure if there is a lever like a lot of modern cars to switch them. My mate's SL can switch on the fly from the dashboard :eek:

Last time I drove to Europe I (not in the Tesla) I didn't bother doing anything, so I just avoided driving at night, if you can manage this tactic just stick some black insulation tape vaguely like it would work on the lenses, and you will be fine ;) This is a trick passed onto me from the Lotus boys on thee annual Le Mans trip :D