Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocky driver’s seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 336k 2014 MS 85 has, not surprisingly, a bit of a rocky driver’s seat. That is, it rocks back a and forth slightly; both the seat back and seat bottom at the same time. It’s not a lot, but enough to be slightly bothersome.

Has anyone experienced / fixed this? Just wondering if it could be loose bolts in the seat mechanism some where. Not afraid to take out the seat if it’s a fixable problem.

I just had a rather disappointing service appointment on our 2013 S85. I brought the car in for them to inspect a few safety items including:

1) Rocking front driver and passenger seat backs and seat bases. I asked if some bolts/washers/shims need to be replaced.
2) Rear passenger seat belt tension locking but failing to release. I've had relatives who got constricted by the seat belt and had to unbuckle while I'm driving to relieve the tension. It's happened 80% of the time someone uses that seat in the last year.
3) 3G connectivity failing to connect as of late. Never was an issue until about 3 months ago.

They told me to expect a $330 diagnostic fee and that they would get back to me later in the day. Their conclusion:

1) They confirmed the seats rock and that it's a "customer pays" item quoting me $1900 for just the driver seat.
2) They failed to replicate the issue after a 4 mile drive and told me to record the incident the next time it occurs and they will check the system log.
3) They did not address this issue at all.

Fortunately, they did not charge me anything but it did seem like a waste of time. I will look into where the play in the seat is occurring and figure out my own solution if the seats get worse.