Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rode in Ionic 6 Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't bump the thread, I guess?
Not watch the bashing, should be constructive
Tesla simplified dashboard design vs Hyundai and Kia busy dashboard design, maybe even take a poll

No problem Tesla people or those curious debating Tesla
And any other manufacturer vs Tesla
But to just come on and talk about another manuf
Then please go and stay on that forum

Reactions: Ritzcarlton123
Tesla simplified dashboard design vs Hyundai and Kia busy dashboard design, maybe even take a poll

Agree. I think he should go to the Kia forum and talk with all the people who had their junk cars stolen by TikTok kids.

• Funny
Reactions: Dracaris

maybe see if the mods can delete this forum?

Reactions: mgs333
maybe see if the mods can delete this forum?
Don’t delete
Let’s have it calm down on its own

Imagine we went on their Hyundai Kia forum and told talked about Teslas

I respect Hyundai Kia Genesis for they are a USA ally and they compete fairly
They are the most formidable Tesla competitor outside of non ally China

Let’s debate Hyn vs Tesla battery tech, charging arch, design, drag coefficient, etc

I’m open for that

Reactions: Dracaris
Don’t delete
Let’s have it calm down on its own

Imagine we went on their Hyundai Kia forum and told talked about Teslas

I respect Hyundai Kia Genesis for they are a USA ally and they compete fairly
They are the most formidable Tesla competitor outside of non ally China

Let’s debate Hyn vs Tesla battery tech, charging arch, design, drag coefficient, etc

I’m open for that
You pick:

-Battery degradation (EV6 longest range published 3rd party data is 4% by 75K miles so far, as the car ages, more data will come in.)
-Thermal regulation during performance use (EV6 GT has very good thermal regulation, allowing the car not to cut power even on full Nurburgring laps)
-Drag Coefficient has the EV6 GT at 0.296 vs the MYP at 0.23 (this is why it has a 230mi range at 75mph vs the GT's 190mi range at 75mph, IMO).
-Charging (The EV6 GT can supposedly go from 10-80% in 18 minutes. I've personally done 12-90% in 24 minutes, so I'd bet 10-80 in 18 is accurate).
-The EV6 GT weighs more than a MYP, and yet turns lap times superior to the M3P on every track they've both been driven on stock/stock by proper drivers.

Also, not only are Tesla posts welcome on a Kia forum, they are doubly welcome in the GENERAL EV SECION...

We looked at the Ioniq5, EV6, and Mach-E in addition to the Model Y. We liked all of them. In the end, we decided we didn't want to be charging CCS cars via NACS adapters as everyone starts switching over to NACS in the 2025 model year, in part because every adapter in the chain slows things down a bit. Also, we know from personal experience in our 2021 Model 3 that stations on the Supercharger network are generally very quick and highly likely to be working. That's not what we read about when it comes to CCS fast chargers. So, we went with a 2023 Model Y, in part because it's already NACS. Of course, that's before we knew about the flailing failing auto wipers and the elimination of other features due to removal of USS. (insert eyeroll here). We still like the car, but that was an annoying discovery, to be sure.

Also, something to keep in mind regarding range wars is what the range needs to be for regular drivers like us while on a road trip. We found with our 2021 Model 3P that the range of the car was longer than the range of our bodies. That is, we typically needed a break well before the batteries ran down, and the recharge interval was so short that by the time we had strolled about, gotten a cup of coffee and returned to the car, it was ready to go. Rarely did we have to sit around and wait for the car to charge when we'd rather have been pounding down the road. It was a great experience.

Last edited:
Good points, pro and con
Again, respect Hyundai Kia and Genesis
Agree, these companies have impressive level 3 charging capabilities

Vehicle exterior design
I love the MY and M3 body styles
I like the GT but not either Ioniq body styles
The simple exterior of Teslas is appealing to me
I don’t like complicated lines on the outside of a vehicle, the GV6 and Ioniqs are complicated

Interior Design
After a year of two Teslas, I like the simple interior
I sat on a GV60 and Ioniq 5 and way too much going on
I’m an iPad junkie, so the Tesla UI works for me
I drove a new Model S and had no problem without stalks

Others
I drove an F150 and was not amazed
I can’t wait to drive a CT and feel I will be amazed
Btw, get up close to a Rivian, very impressive build quality and nice designs

You pick:

-Battery degradation (EV6 longest range published 3rd party data is 4% by 75K miles so far, as the car ages, more data will come in.)
-Thermal regulation during performance use (EV6 GT has very good thermal regulation, allowing the car not to cut power even on full Nurburgring laps)
-Drag Coefficient has the EV6 GT at 0.296 vs the MYP at 0.23 (this is why it has a 230mi range at 75mph vs the GT's 190mi range at 75mph, IMO).
-Charging (The EV6 GT can supposedly go from 10-80% in 18 minutes. I've personally done 12-90% in 24 minutes, so I'd bet 10-80 in 18 is accurate).
-The EV6 GT weighs more than a MYP, and yet turns lap times superior to the M3P on every track they've both been driven on stock/stock by proper drivers.

Also, not only are Tesla posts welcome on a Kia forum, they are doubly welcome in the GENERAL EV SECION...
seems like an easy pick? i doubt many are tracking their kia's so 2 bullets are pretty much worthless

230mi vs 190mi range? that seems like an easy pick.. the charging times are likely about the same in real world use with obviously the SC network having a better chance of faster charging

seems like an easy pick? i doubt many are tracking their kia's so 2 bullets are pretty much worthless

230mi vs 190mi range? that seems like an easy pick.. the charging times are likely about the same in real world use with obviously the SC network having a better chance of faster charging
Yes, soon NACS will be open to the Kia and you can have the best of both worlds.

Congrats EV6 GT
1698432102192.png

EV6 GT is a great competitor and will improve once it can charge using Tesla SC
Tons of horse power and quick based on test results
If I was not hooked on the Tesla ecosystem I would def consider this vehicle
Dont get me wrong, love my Ts
Have to respect a good EV
As for the ioniq 6, until I see in person, I don’t love the look in photos, esp M3 which is amazing
My M3
1698443156394.png

Ioniq6
1698443243381.png

Don’t like the rear

Reactions: RSpanner