Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rode in Ionic 6 Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visually, the Ioniq6 seems to droop at both ends. Also, the trunk opening is quite small indeed.
It’s a great first effort, but def not as good looking as the M3
Kia’s looks are more similar to Tesla, Rivian
Smoother
Hyundai and Genesis have more complicated lines outside

As for inside, Kia is a bit busier than Tesla
Hyundai and Genesis dash’s are insanely busy vs Teslas tried and true simplicity

EV6 GT is a great competitor and will improve once it can charge using Tesla SC
Tons of horse power and quick based on test results
If I was not hooked on the Tesla ecosystem I would def consider this vehicle
Dont get me wrong, love my Ts
Have to respect a good EV
As for the ioniq 6, until I see in person, I don’t love the look in photos, esp M3 which is amazing
My M3
View attachment 985954
Ioniq6
View attachment 985955
Don’t like the rear
The I6 is one of the "slickest" EV's out there, but I agree with you, the back end should have been made with style>cd in mind if it was just going to turn out like a Saab. That's a sharp looking M3!

Reactions: kpanda17
It’s a great first effort, but def not as good looking as the M3
Kia’s looks are more similar to Tesla, Rivian
Smoother
Hyundai and Genesis have more complicated lines outside

As for inside, Kia is a bit busier than Tesla
Hyundai and Genesis dash’s are insanely busy vs Teslas tried and true simplicity
It depends on how you look at it. I can modify my environment (temp, etc) without going several "menus deep". Yet it does, yes, have more "buttons and stuff". I personally like all my data slapped up on the HUD though, as well as my NAV guidance. It makes life a lot less stressful in rush hour in unfamiliar cities, etc.

I love Korean junk
Congrats. You found an interior flaw. We can play the reddit post game all day on that one with Tesla. All I can say is Im glad I have an ev6 gt even though I paid about $10k more than a MYP would have cost at the time. Checked them both out and no comparison in build, performance, anything really except luggage space where the MYP gets it.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Congrats. You found an interior flaw. We can play the reddit post game all day on that one with Tesla. All I can say is Im glad I have an ev6 gt even though I paid about $10k more than a MYP would have cost at the time. Checked them both out and no comparison in build, performance, anything really except luggage space where the MYP gets it.
I'm trying to see it but you're not selling me.. higher cost.. lower range.. lower cargo space.. less charge options.. lower efficiency.. what was good about it again?

You have to respect HKG, they are a new dominant force in EVs
Welcome company with Tesla
We want all legit EV manuf in the boat and winning
It’s about EV and not ICE

Reactions: gt2690b
Don’t be too cocky for its design is a year newer
Which is huge in EV years
I would say comparing M3 Highland to Ioniq 6 is a closer comparison and my pick is 2024 M3 Highland
Im just impressed that it outperforms the model 3 performance at the track, despite the weight difference. Albert Biermanns genius shows. Im curious if the I6 will get a performance version.

Are Hyundai and Kia EV’s bullet proof in terms of reliability? I have heard a lot of horror stories about pretty much every EV out there aside from Model 3 & Model Y which generally seem to be pretty reliable. Haven’t heard much about Hyundai or Kia so is it safe to assume they are reliable too?

My feeling is the M3 Highland Ludicrous, to be released 2034Q1, will raise the performance bar to last a few years.
We expect a MY ludicrous update also 2024
These two big perf updates will leapfrog everyone
Great competition

Are Hyundai and Kia EV’s bullet proof in terms of reliability? I have heard a lot of horror stories about pretty much every EV out there aside from Model 3 & Model Y which generally seem to be pretty reliable. Haven’t heard much about Hyundai or Kia so is it safe to assume they are reliable too?
Like all vehicles, they've had a few hiccups, all have been addressed that Im aware of, by this point, though. The ev6 is one of the most reliable vehicles across all genre on the road today according to CR.
Screenshot_20231028-175227_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: tgrobbo
It might be useful to note here that no matter how fast a car is capable of charging, it can't charge any faster than the high-speed DC charger will provide. Given DC fast chargers with non-Tesla plugs often don't offer a whole lot more than than 35kW, sometimes don't work at all, and sometimes have lines waiting for access, it may still be a longer wait than one would have at a Tesla SC with a NACS plug / socket - because those units are usually in operating condition at relatively high kW ratings. So, at this moment, the quality of the high-speed charging network a given car can use is probably more important than the speed at which any given car is capable of charging. Well, unless you own a Chevy Bolt with it's max 35kW charging speed.