Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Local tinter says 4 to 5 hours since they have to lower the full headliner because it touches the inside of the glass which requires extensive disassembly/reassembly of the interior. I always worry when I see the words "extensive disassembly and reassembly". This is a very experienced shop - should I be worried? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks,

Local tinter says 4 to 5 hours since they have to lower the full headliner because it touches the inside of the glass which requires extensive disassembly/reassembly of the interior. I always worry when I see the words "extensive disassembly and reassembly". This is a very experienced shop - should I be worried? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks,
This might be necessary if they cannot reach the edges of the window sills, so the resulting tint might show a noticeable gap.

However, removing the side covers will expose the air bags.

So check if they will put the car in Service Mode to avoid any risk of deployment of the air bags.

I had my roof done and they did drop the headliner. It cost me $500 just for the roof with formula one stratos, which is their highest grade. If they are experienced I wouldn’t worry about it and go for it.

They did our model Y and asked about it. I just had them do it without dropping the headliners. I went with 20% 3m crystalline so you can see the gaps a little bit but it doesn't bother me even though I can be OCD about a lot of things.. It has to be at an angle to see it.

Had my roof tinted as well and with Stratos 70%. Work was flawless. This tint shop was highly reputable and I trusted them with my car. They did have to lower the headliner.