Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My barely 2 months new model 3 roof cracked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Guys,

Have not even two months, always parking in the garage. few times charging outside under the tree.
Have my tint two weeks ago after that not sure what happened either a branch dropped in it, then after I turned on the air conditioner it cracked.

Talking to Tesla services, they won't fix it since can see something drop it, I wonder what you guys feeling or maybe others have experienced the same way.

Too expensive to fix for me for now, will leave since they said it won't leak, but still the quality of the roof are worrying me for now.

Anyway, not sure how to proceed with this maybe will modify my insurance and try later.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.11.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.11.24 PM.png
    972 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.11.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.11.47 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Talking to Tesla services, they won't fix it since can see something drop it, I wonder what you guys feeling or maybe others have experienced the same way.

If there is an impact point and something dropped on it, I have no idea why anyone (you or anyone else) would think its a warranty issue. It would be an insurance issue, not a warranty issue.

What type of insurance do you have where you have to "modify your insurance" to get some sort of coverage for a roof with an impact point, minus your deductible?

Too expensive to fix for me for now,

If your insurance deductible is "too much to fix for you now" then you have other considerations to think about, like why is your insurance deductible something that you cant pay, or what type of insurance you have, etc.

Reactions: Yelobird
I think maybe he’s considering insurance fraud regarding the “modifying” idea, as in changing his policy to have full glass coverage or much lower deductibles, then making a claim later for the crack as if it just happened. At least that’s how I read it.