Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rough ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve only had my Model Y a few days and I can’t believe how rough the ride is. Can the OEM shocks be replaced with Bilsteins? I sold my Model 3 to CarMax and spent over $61k to get a buckboard wagon. I love the electric concept, but my Jeep Gladiator is a way smoother ride.

This contributed to my "rough" ride. Do it yourself or tell the service center. At the speed that Tesla is pumping out the model Ys, it seems they neglected to adjust the rear hatch stoppers:

This is a huge sanity saver for me. I've heard that in most of my cars, especially when driving on the high way with the driver window partially open. My family always thought I was crazy. Well, I still might be, but not because of this.

Reactions: Electric Steve
This contributed to my "rough" ride. Do it yourself or tell the service center. At the speed that Tesla is pumping out the model Ys, it seems they neglected to adjust the rear hatch stoppers:

How do you adjust the ones with the hex part? Do you just twist the rubber foot, or do something with the hex part first? Mine seem to not want to move by just twisting the rubber part

Reactions: Electric Steve
How do you adjust the ones with the hex part? Do you just twist the rubber foot, or do something with the hex part first? Mine seem to not want to move by just twisting the rubber part

Mine took a bit of slow force to start moving, once they start moving, they spin relatively easy. If you’re not comfortable, let the sc know. Also you shouldn’t adjust it unless you feel that acoustic pressure on road bumps.

for the hex ones, I held it by the hex part I think.