Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 rough ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading a Kona electric for a 2023 Model 3 RWD because the Kona ride is so rough, I was really disappointed to find the M3’s ride was even worse. Then I read some threads on here, lowered my tire psi to 36 and it’s like a different car entirely. So much smoother! (The dealership had it at 45). I don’t know how much of a range hit it will take but the comfort and psychological ease will be worth it.

What tires are you running? I can say my new tires are more compliant than the Michelin MXM4s that came installed (2020 LR).

If you can get some Wh/mi numbers for 45 PSI vs 36 PSI, that would be great.

Have you tried 42 PSI?

I believe the 98 Load tires we use don't have full load capacity until 42 PSI. I am not saying that 36 PSI is unsafe but is a lesser load capacity.

42 PSI = 1653 lbs x 4
36 PSI = 1466 lbs x 4
32 PSI = 1323 lbs x 4

Based on a 4,000 lb car plus driver, is even 32 PSI enough load capacity with margin for pot holes? Apex strafing?

Some cars (and motorcycles) come with different pressures based on a single driver vs a max load situation. It would be nice to understand these details with respect to tires and our cars.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056