Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Alcantara Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4ea80d_fcee2a5bca67448b972b0095eae8a397~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.webp

vs.

cCGVJB4.jpg

You can't tell me the top pic looks better than bottom. Alcantara dash looks amazing with the alcantara door inserts. It's the perfect match

Only a $235 difference. I would pay it easily. Considering I'll be getting the cheapest 3 available

vs.

cCGVJB4.jpg

You can't tell me the top pic looks better than bottom. Alcantara dash looks amazing with the alcantara door inserts. It's the perfect match

Only a $235 difference. I would pay it easily. Considering I'll be getting the cheapest 3 available

My RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber dash full replacement arrives today. I can give you impressions of the build quality at the very least.

IMG_3243.JPG IMG_3242.JPG IMG_3241.JPG IMG_3240.JPG

The build quality appears to be excellent. The edges are perfect and the weave was laid with care and precision. The backside does show excessive use of adhesive. The globs won't be visible once installed in the car, but they could definitely have been cleaned up.

I'm going to leave it unwrapped in my garage to offgas a bit before installing (not that I have a choice, my car hasn't been delivered yet!), as the adhesive seems to have a strong chemical smell.

I can definitely recommend this piece.

vs.

cCGVJB4.jpg

Looks are relative, right? The top pic looks substatially better than the bottom pic to me. Also, I dont think I personally would want alcantara on the dashboard, given the model 3s enormous windshield, and the sun that would be beating on that. I feel like it would be basically destroyed (faded badly) after only 1-2 years.

It looks good on the doors though, will agree with that for sure.

vs.

cCGVJB4.jpg

I have the alcantera dash on my Model S, it gets dusty and holds dust. I would not want it again.

Which black dash would look best with the white interior? I want to get rid of the reflection.

Wrap or not? If not a wrap there should be zero reflection from either the black or white Alcantara dash. I installed T Sportline’s matte carbon fiber dash. It’s very low reflection as well. You can see the light on it but it does not reflect.
I bought theirs after the price cut on it and holiday sale free shipping to Canada. I didn’t consider any of RPM’s as shipping is very expensive to Canada and I would have to return my original dash, again expensive.

Wrap or not? If not a wrap there should be zero reflection from either the black or white Alcantara dash. I installed T Sportline’s matte carbon fiber dash. It’s very low reflection as well. You can see the light on it but it does not reflect.
I bought theirs after the price cut on it and holiday sale free shipping to Canada. I didn’t consider any of RPM’s as shipping is very expensive to Canada and I would have to return my original dash, again expensive.
I was hoping they would make the black matte dash piece for the case 3. Not really a fan of carbon fiber, I wrapped the piano black door controls with black brushed wrap, but I can't find a brushed black dash wrap.

I bought one of these. I would say the color is slightly darker than the door panels but I’m still pleased. View attachment 570800View attachment 570801

Amazing. Should be stock. Looks so cozy with all the fuzzy. Love it

Alcantara looks and feels great, but on a flat surface like that it will get dusty and require constant cleaning. That's the only reason I wouldn't get it. I love alcantara.

Everything gets dusty if you don't maintain. A quick wipe is easy and fun and being surrounded by cleanliness is a great feel. The thing that gets dirty the most is the screen and I wipe my screen every single day. I keep a microfiber cloth in the armrest and just pull it out and wipe the screen for like 10 seconds and then put it back. Pretty easy maintenance.

Reactions: todd2fst4u