Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model 3/Y Alcantara Dash - Wish I did it years ago!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really want to ditch/cover the wood, its the 1 thing on the interior i really hate.

I'm torn between 3 options. R-Symons/DAJ ones, the real alcantara covers by greendrive, or buying some alacantara and covering myself (mother is an uppolsterer)

Who has what?

I guess my thinking is when i sell the car i may have to put the wood back in and with the R Symons it means i will have to source or sell/exchange wood ones back in, the cap cover option. How hard are they to remove once installed and will they damage anything on removal? Option 3 leaves me with the same dilemma as option 1 but saves me about £300 in the process.

So today, after purchasing my 3 year old 2020 M3P from lease co, I had swapped out the wood dash trim for an alcantara one. Gotta say, although maybe not for everybody, it's absolutely fantastic! I wasn't expecting such a transformation, but it really does make the cabin feel a lot more premium.

Anybody thinking of doing this, I'd say don't hesitate. It's an easy clip off, clip back on operation. Guys at DAJ Automotive supply on an exchange basis, and the whole process was made easier for me by installation partner Utopia Tints in Durham, who sorted the handling/posting and fitting which literally took 60 seconds.

I initially kept my existing wood trim (for an extra fee) but on the way home decided that new alcantara one was an absolute keeper, so double-backed, handed it in and got me refund :)

Couldn't recommend this enough, the part is precision upholstered (DAJ guys are ex-Bentley trimmers), and for anybody in the North East, you'll not go wrong with the Utopia crew, who also do chrome deletes, which I'll be booking soon. (They cover Model 3 pre-facelift and facelift, plus Model Y, and can supply/fit door inserts).

tempImageqyp02l.jpg tempImageZrXukQ.jpg tempImageN2cVax.jpg

Has anyone had alcantara headliner fitted?

Would love to get that on my M3P to replace the horrible, base spec Audi style light headliner.
Someone did a DIY in this thread:

Tempted to cover the white dash in ours. I actually thought it was a protective plastic coating they forgot to remove when I got it! I bought a cheap carbon fibre lookalike clip on cover which looks better but not that convincing as carbon fibre

I put a vinyl wrap on my Model 3 white dash. Too bright for a dash and reflected light on the underside of the windshield. I didn't want the carbon fiber look, but wanted something matte and had some interest, not just a solid wrap. I found a DIY kit and did it myself. Never done vinyl wrap before. The kit came with a complete second set of pre-cut pieces and I'm glad because I ripped off my first attempt and re did it and it looks pretty good.

This is the material. 3M Matrix wrap. I got the kit from this website, not sure if they ship to UK. Matrix wrap kit

IMG_6892.JPG

IMG_6902.JPG

Someone did a DIY in this thread:

Looks good but a shame the trim pieces weren't changed to a darker colour.

Tempted to cover the white dash in ours. I actually thought it was a protective plastic coating they forgot to remove when I got it! I bought a cheap carbon fibre lookalike clip on cover which looks better but not that convincing as carbon fibre
Wanted to buy one on greendrive/Tesbros but I had a doubt whether or not it would suit a RHD? Isn't there a notch above the steering wheel or is it absolutely symmetrical?