Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla.com notorious for poor customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where do I even begin? I ordered all weather floor mats (front and rear) from rpmtesla.com on July 25 for my Y. Parts came in July 30. Whiling installing it.. I notice the rear is not fitting correctly so I checked and it's for a model 3.!

Weekend comes and their closed unfortunately. So I decided to shot them an email.

Monday morning I tried to call when they open at 10am, no one answers. (Called like 4 times). So whatever, I jump on their chat and I get someone quick. This person has no sense of humor, nor customer service attitude. I had told them that they sent me the wrong floor mats for the rear. This person then says they will ship one out the same day and email me tracking. Guess what...nothing.

Tuesday morning I called again.... guess what (no one answers) (called like 5 times) then I jump on their chat and get the same person that was helping me before. I get the same around about ( we will get it out by tomorrow and send you a tracking).

This is poor customer service. If I lived closed by I would definitely give them a visit. If the owner is reading this, hopefully they change their way of business because I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with bs customer service that everyone is talking about. After I get my mats (if I ever) I'm done shopping at rpmtesla.com

Reactions: flstcgranucci
Exactly what happened to me with the CF rear seat covers on the Plaid. they do not fit correctly to due to the lack of latches that the OEM cover has (the added double side tape to hold it). When I emailed them, they said they all look like this and they look fine. What a total BS of this Company.

No one should buy anything from them!!!!

Here is my review: RPMTesla Carbon Fiber accessories Review for Model S Plaid

Also if you search the forums you will see tons of posts on how bad and sh**y they are.

I've had both good and bad with them. the first 3 times I ordered stuff, no issues really. The first was just very long lead time for the item, but eventually got it after a few months. The other two orders, all was well.

The last order I did was for a matte performance plus spoiler for a model 3. When I received it, opened it up and realized they sent me the glossy spoiler by mistake. sure ok, possibly an honestly mistake. Reached out to them, they were quick to reply via chat, sent the replacement right away. Got the replacement... while it was a matte spoiler this time, they sent me the completely wrong spoiler for a completely different model (sent me a random spoiler for a model Y). At this point I'm pretty annoyed. mostly for the fact that it's shipping from CA to NY, so that alone takes 7-8 days, so now I know i'm waiting ANOTHER week. Reach out to them, again customer service was good. Apologized, sent out the right spoiler right away.... 3rd time is a charm, or so I thought....

This time I did receive the correct spoiler in the correct finish, but when opening it, there was big deep scratch on the top left side, and also a really big crack on the top of the spoiler on the other side of it. Not sure if this happened during the shipping process...maybe? maybe not? I called them, they claim it was sent in perfect condition when they shipped it out, so they blamed UPS. At this point spoiler #4 was sent quickly, I shipped all the other spoilers back at that time. Spoiler #4 ended up being correct with zero issues.

My main issue is that the shipping times to me take so long, so basically I had to wait over a month to get the correct item, and they wouldn't ship any faster than ground because it would cost them too much to do so since it was an oversized item.

I've been using them for a lot of my stuff and customer service is not the best, nor their app or website. You really have to use a good amount of due diligence and make sure you're being charged properly.
They claim same day shipping on all in stock items. I call that out as complete BS. You don't order something on a Saturday and get a tracking number on a Thursday. Also, I placed an order for a rear spoiler and wanting to save the $60 shipping (an over charge per UPS's website BTW) I drove there to pick it up. Its a short drive, but when I asked the salesman who handed me my order to make sure they refund me the shipping charge, he assured me that they already did. I had to call two weeks later to get them to refund my card. They have a lot of growing up to do if they want to stay in biz.