Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Y spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too am looking at the spoiler hopefully someone has one who can fill us in. As for a larger one I know teslarati has one I believe it’s 6 inches

also I am nervous about getting this spoiler and having the car ceramic coated or opti coat pro how that will effect the spoiler

Last edited:
I too am looking at the spoiler hopefully someone has one who can fill us in. As for a larger one I know teslarati has one I believe it’s 6 inches

also I am nervous about getting this spoiler and having the car ceramic coated or opti coat pro how that will effect the spoiler
That's my issue too. I plan on getting ceramic coating sometime within the next few weeks and don't want to hold off on that cause of delays.

Also worried about what wil happen if I put this on before I ceramic coat it, how will it affect it down the road? I'd imagine I'd have to put it back on or else there will be a portion on the tail that isn't coated

That's my issue too. I plan on getting ceramic coating sometime within the next few weeks and don't want to hold off on that cause of delays.

Also worried about what wil happen if I put this on before I ceramic coat it, how will it affect it down the road? I'd imagine I'd have to put it back on or else there will be a portion on the tail that isn't coated

Portion on the tail will remain uncoated whether you get spoiler installed before ceramic coat or after. If you are installing the spoiler after ceramic coat then portion on the tail will need to be wiped down to remove ceramic coat so the adhesive can actually stick

RPMtesla had a shipment of spoilers last week but they had to return them to manufacturer as they were not up to standards so right now its a 2-3week backorder. I will probably not get the spoiler then as i do plan on ceramic coating the whole car before i go on my roadtrip next month.

RPMtesla had a shipment of spoilers last week but they had to return them to manufacturer as they were not up to standards so right now its a 2-3week backorder. I will probably not get the spoiler then as i do plan on ceramic coating the whole car before i go on my roadtrip next month.

I am in the same boat. Ordered the spoiler from RPM haven’t heard anything and want to ceramic coat my car soon.

Yep same here, although I cancelled my order a while back as I'd already been waiting weeks with no end in sight. Seems to be a bit of a theme with a few aftermarket companies lately.

I did the same through S3XY. Nothing on their website mentioned a delay just their disclaimer all orders will be processed ASAP and a 2-3 days to get a tracking number. All wrong - back ordered and no end in site. On their chat line and email, they just string you along saying shipment is coming soon. Just wait until the spoilers are in the mainstream and get better pricing and more model selections.

I’ve been waiting +2 months for the carbon side mirrors from RPM. Initially told me the shipping timeframe was 2 weeks from ordering and that was in October...very hesitant in ordering anything else with RPM at this point. I would cancel too, but they appear to be the only game in town making this particular item.

I don't understand what happened to not listing something for sale until you actually had a product to sell? This is one reason I prefer to purchase things from A.O., if they don't have something in stock, they won't even let you buy it. You have to come back and order once it's in stock. I really dislike when someone takes my money right away, and then after waiting months, they tell me they don't have it in stock. How is that the default business model now? Anyway...end rant.

Same here. I have been waiting for my rear spoiler and mirror covers for a while.
I messaged them several times but haven't even received a response. I guess it is time to cancel my order as well.

I know one thing for sure; this is my first and last time ordering from RPM.