Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPMTesla Blade Spoiler and Glue/Residue mess v.dontbuyfromthem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening team! 35 days ago I received and installed an RPMTesla Model S Carbon Fiber Blade Spoiler. Of note, 12 months prior to install I had my Model S Ceramic Coated by a professional detailer with no issues or fuss.

I followed the RPMTesla instructions and Video, as well as using their provided Surface Prep product. Needless to say, it was clean it it went on! Roughly one week after the install, I found a glue/residue seeping from the Spoiler. See Photo, taken 11-JUN -

1042C4D7-DC9D-45F3-ACC9-5E6F6E8D2FA4.jpeg

Apologies for the blurry Photo. I contacted RPMTesla and was told to ”clean the residue off with rubbing alcohol.” I declined to use rubbing alcohol, rather a P21S Orange Cleaner and Chemical Guys Surface Cleaner. This glue/residue seeped all over the rear hatch and rear bumper! It was a mess! But cleaned up and I paid it no mind.

After moving the family from Texas to Kansas, I arrived at my new duty location and found once again … glue. Rear hatch, tail light, rear bumper. This photo was taken 4-JUL -

685EBF68-E001-4478-944B-371BBC9DC201.jpeg

I contacted RPMTesla and asked how much more residue I can expect from their product. While I am paraphrasing a lengthy e-mail exchange, and singular phone call, this is entirely my fault and in no way related to their product. It is the ceramic coating applied 12 months earlier that is causing this per RPMTesla. Then it was a dirty surface area upon install.

Humm…’bout that.

Their customer support has been simply laden with excuses rather than ANY degree of ownership. I’m likely going to find a professional detailed in the Kansas City area to inquire with how to remove, restore and repair the damages caused by their product.

Future customers, I would humbly submit that you consider taking your business elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hayseed_MS