Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPMTesla experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
A while back I ordered some replacement puddle light LEDs along with a few other nicnacs from RPM. My order took longer than I liked and did require some follow up but in the end I did get my order. Wasn't the best experience but nonetheless everything did arrive.

Fast forward to now. I recently ordered an extra LED as my door panel was replaced by Tesla Mobile and even though I told them I had an aftermarket puddle light LED they did not take it out of the old door panel and tossed it out. Along with my LED I also ordered the rear spoiler they sell along with body-colored door handle wraps. This time my order came in a reasonable amount of time so I was quite happy about that. However, they sent me the full handle wraps instead of the front-only wraps I ordered. So I emailed them and ask them if they could send me the proper ones and also if they can send me a label to return the incorrect ones. While I was at it, I asked if they would warranty one of the many LEDs I purchased previously as one occasionally flickered. I received a very prompt response with a shipping label to return the incorrect handle wraps and was advised a new replacement LED as well as the correct wraps would be sent. I have seen some disappointed customers who have bought from RPM but have to say I was very pleased with the service I received. No arguing, no questions, no doubt and most importantly no additional costs borne by me for incorrect or faulty parts.

It's too easy to say a vendor is providing good service if you are getting the order you pay for but the real test is if there is a problem. I've bought other parts from other vendors where they want to split costs of shipping or repairs to products that are defective or damaged and that is a no go for me. Glad RPM did not go there and just made it easy for me.

The issues they had have seemingly passed. My first order from them (in July) took 8 weeks to arrive and only came with about 1/3 of the items and no indication of the others. I emailed them and waited a month even with me constantly emailing every week. Eventually they got me sorted out but it was a painful process.

I ordered some lights in November from them and got them in a week and a half along with an email communication on the order this time. I know they had hired some folks so this is probably the result!

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I bought one of the Model 3 roof noise reduction kits from RPMTesla in December. It took about two weeks to arrive. I didn't get around to installing it until early January, and I had some problems. Apparently the gap between the windshield and the roof is tighter on my car than a lot of the cars, and I had trouble getting the part to go in the gap. In the process of trying to "coax" the part in, I guess I stretched the seal too much and it snapped. Or it caught on the corner of the glass and tore. Whatever the case, the part was now useless. I contacted RPMTesla through their website to ask them whether there was something I could have done different and asking them if they would consider replacing the kit. A few days later I got an email saying that they had made some changes to the kit to preclude the part from snapping, and giving me the option of either getting a replacement, or getting a refund. I decided on a replacement. It arrived about two days later. This time I was a lot more careful in installing, doing the area that had caused the problem last time first. The part installed well, and I'm really happy. Another shout out to RPMTesla, they stood behind their product when I had a problem and made it right. They could have very easily told me that I shouldn't have pulled so hard to stretch the material beyond it's capability but they didn't, they just sent a replacement. Great job, guys!!

Keith

I bought one of the Model 3 roof noise reduction kits from RPMTesla in December. It took about two weeks to arrive. I didn't get around to installing it until early January, and I had some problems. Apparently the gap between the windshield and the roof is tighter on my car than a lot of the cars, and I had trouble getting the part to go in the gap. In the process of trying to "coax" the part in, I guess I stretched the seal too much and it snapped. Or it caught on the corner of the glass and tore. Whatever the case, the part was now useless. I contacted RPMTesla through their website to ask them whether there was something I could have done different and asking them if they would consider replacing the kit. A few days later I got an email saying that they had made some changes to the kit to preclude the part from snapping, and giving me the option of either getting a replacement, or getting a refund. I decided on a replacement. It arrived about two days later. This time I was a lot more careful in installing, doing the area that had caused the problem last time first. The part installed well, and I'm really happy. Another shout out to RPMTesla, they stood behind their product when I had a problem and made it right. They could have very easily told me that I shouldn't have pulled so hard to stretch the material beyond it's capability but they didn't, they just sent a replacement. Great job, guys!!

Keith
How much noise reduction did you notice? I was considering buying one, but I was kind of skeptical about it.

I ordered the noise reduction kit a few months back and road-tested it without noticing any difference. I also noticed that it had developed a small tears in it. I contacted RPM Tesla by email, describe me my experience in asking for a refund, and within about 30 minutes I noticed my Google pay account showed a credit for the purchase. They emailed me a short time later telling me that a refund was being processed.

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen

Keith
I had an issue installing the noise reduction kit because of the narrowness of the gap in my 3 as well. They made some suggestions that I could not make work, and I got a refund, no questions asked. It has been a very good experience working with them (I have ordered other items from them in the past as well).

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen
How much noise reduction did you notice? I was considering buying one, but I was kind of skeptical about it.

None. But if you watch the video they tell you it won't reduce normal ambient wind noise. Apparently in certain crosswinds you can get some buffeting that this is supposed to get rid of. But I didn't buy it for that, I bought it because I think it makes the car look more finished.

Still waiting for the trunk/frunk organizers ordered in mid December,

Aluminum footrest I ordered was bent.

Aluminum brake pedal is way wider than the stock one, obviojsly not designed specifically for the M3.

So, less than impressed overall.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. My 1st experience was similar to yours. Guess service is not consistent. I did order that brake pedal as well and knew it was going to be wider than stock since that was noted on their install video before I ordered. I hope they deal with your bent footrest in an orderly fashion.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. My 1st experience was similar to yours. Guess service is not consistent. I did order that brake pedal as well and knew it was going to be wider than stock since that was noted on their install video before I ordered. I hope they deal with your bent footrest in an orderly fashion.

To be fair to them, they issued a refund for the footrest and pedal covers. I had to pay the return shipping though.

I've had mixed results from RPM Tesla. Most products I've purchased have been fine. However I just attempted to install their rear bumper protection film and it was a total disaster! I couldn't get the film to fit as their installation video shows. After fighting with it for about an hour I called tech support. 4 days later I received a return call. When I explained my problem their only response was that I made some sort of mistake during installation. Their only solution was to offer a discount on a replacement part. First of all, I've been working on cars most of my life and have installed many similar products so I know how to do this. Their "discount" offer is not good customer service, after all I just spent $40 on a part that probably cost them about $1 to make. I think I am done with them!

My experience with RPM Tesla has been dismal. Really poor communication that is spotty at best. Bought Caliper Covers for my Model 3. two arrived damaged as they had previously been test fitted, scratched and returned. The owner insisted they were damaged during shipping. Even after sending him pics of the covers with clear marks where the star locking washers made an imprint on the flange he insisted I send him pics of the box (which wasn't damaged in any way). I complied. They did send out two replacement covers. Ok so far, stuff happens. Went to install the covers and the front clips are simply the wrong ones. They are telling me they will work but, they are not the clips they use in their install videos. Those have three bends and fit nicely around the caliper, the ones I received have two bends and do not fit. They suggested I bend my dust guards to get the clips on. Um, no thank you. I'm pretty sure that is why the cover set was returned in the first place by the previous customer. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade and so is my nephew. Neither one of us could get the clips to fit.

I have repeatedly asked for the correct clips or the return label their guarantee says they supply. Nothing yet. My advice is to steer clear of this company. I will be talking to the CA Dept. of Consumer Affairs and any other State organization that needs to be contacted. Right now I'm out of $239 plus $25 for expedited shipping. Never again!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I got my caliper covers from EVannex. best customer experience ever. I've purchased a bunch of things from them, and they've always been timely, and everything arrives in pristine condition.

Here's a review I did of the EVannex caliper covers (spoiler, they installed easily and look great):

Reactions: M3LL0
I've had good experience with them. The jack pads took some time to arrive but when I contacted me, they gave me a date & tracking #. They arrived by that date. The Wind rubber arrived on time if not early and I found that the front needed to be stretched well to hold in the front gap as the bend at each edge helps to hold it in due to wind. Took a bit of playing around with, but it fit. No great difference in noise unless in cross wind, but not much $$ either.