Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RTX/TSPORTLINE Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a 2022 M3 Long Range and looking to replace the stock 18 aero wheels with 19/20 wheels. Im currently looking at RTX Spider wheels and Tsportline TSS wheels. They look identical, only difference is the price.

Will I lose a lot of range going with 20s?
Can you share images/experience of your model 3 on either 19s or 20s wheels?

A lot of us with M3P's gained range/efficiency by downsizing from 20" to 18". I did even though I stayed with "max performance" summer tires and my 18" wheels are a very open spoke, non-aero-looking design. (So my 18" setup is surely NOT as efficient as the base 18" wheel+tire combo, but my 18" setup is still more efficient than 20" wheels.)

So I'd say yes, you will lose efficiency moving to 20" wheels.

The tire model matters for that too. What tires are on your 18" wheels? If you have the ubiquitous Michelin Primacy MXM4, those are very efficiency-focused tires, you will lose some efficiency switching to most other kinds of tires. However the MXM4 handle like garbage so I still encourage ditching them - just understand that every tire is a set of tradeoffs.

I currently have a 2022 M3 Long Range and looking to replace the stock 18 aero wheels with 19/20 wheels. Im currently looking at RTX Spider wheels and Tsportline TSS wheels. They look identical, only difference is the price.

18 aeros to 18 about 4% loss
18 to 19 i think 5-10%
19 to 20 another 5-10%

So from 18 aero to 20 inch maybe around 15-20% range loss. Also worse handeling and if you live in non metro usa get roadside assistance cover for the puncture youll get.

I have 18" aero wheels that I run for part of the year and 20" Tsportline TS5 that I run for the rest of the year. Driving the same 70/30 mix of highway/city driving I use roughly 255wh/mi with the 18s and 275wh/mi with the 20s. I also tend to run the 18s in colder months so the differences would likely be a little larger if comparing apples to apples in terms of ambient temperature and HVAC use.

Electricity is so cheap, I drive so little, and the car is so efficient that I don't really notice the range difference honestly. It costs like $6 to charge from 20% to 85% and I charge once maybe twice a week. Other advantages for the 18s is that they have cheaper tires, ride smoother, and are more resistant to rim damage from potholes...

Personally I am willing to deal with the more expensive tires, small decrease in efficiency, and increased exposure to rim damage because I love how the car looks and handles on the 20s. Up to you if you think it is worth it.

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
I have 18" aero wheels that I run for part of the year and 20" Tsportline TS5 that I run for the rest of the year. Driving the same 70/30 mix of highway/city driving I use roughly 255wh/mi with the 18s and 275wh/mi with the 20s. I also tend to run the 18s in colder months so the differences would likely be a little larger if comparing apples to apples in terms of ambient temperature and HVAC use.

Electricity is so cheap, I drive so little, and the car is so efficient that I don't really notice the range difference honestly. It costs like $6 to charge from 20% to 85% and I charge once maybe twice a week. Other advantages for the 18s is that they have cheaper tires, ride smoother, and are more resistant to rim damage from potholes...

Personally I am willing to deal with the more expensive tires, small decrease in efficiency, and increased exposure to rim damage because I love how the car looks and handles on the 20s. Up to you if you think it is worth it.
Thanks. I ended up getting 19 inch tss wheels and will be putting on 255 width tires.