Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Tesla Model S Facelift in 2016 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of my 2016 Model S tomorrow. Maybe the first one? I will take photos of the new nose.

This is the second time you have posted this. Is this a joke or do you have some inside information? I really wish it wasn't a joke and you post pics tomorrow of your 2016 Model S with a new nose (and add to that an extra front facing camera while I'm wishfully thinking.)

I am taking delivery of my 2016 Model S tomorrow. Maybe the first one? I will take photos of the new nose.
I have come to the conclusion that your post is an attempt at humor, and should be treated as such. This is the second time you have made that post, and in neither case have you offered any evidence to support your statement that your new S will have a different nose than every other S produced to date.
So...ha ha. Now let's move on...

This is the second time you have posted this. Is this a joke or do you have some inside information? I really wish it wasn't a joke and you post pics tomorrow of your 2016 Model S with a new nose (and add to that an extra front facing camera while I'm wishfully thinking.)

I suspect that a big change like the nose will happen on a model year change to avoid excess grumbling. I have no inside information except that I am hopeful.

If that happens, I will post a photo.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect that a big change like the nose will happen on a model year change to avoid excess grumbling. I have no inside information except that I am hopeful.

If that happens, I will post a photo.

Gotta say, these pissing matches between people arguing their points till they're blue in the face are getting old. I like the topic of the thread, but pages and pages are just a couple of people going back and forth. Makes it really tough to read the constructive posts related to the topic you're interested in. Had to give up on this thread, just got too old trying to find out if there was anything useful in it.

I wish people and their disagreements would switch over to private messages. make your point and be done with it. If someone disagree's, who cares. They have the right to express their opinion too. Let them do it once and move on. Site should set a limit, no single person can comment more than 4 or 5 times in any given thread.

That has been the case, but I think something as significant as a new nose will be done differently.

They didn't with AP hardware, and arguably that was just as material.

(Says the man that had a deposit down for 14 months, only to find out it was superseded weeks after delivery and Tesla's own valuation formula automatically dings you 3% for otherwise identical cars.)

I just watched the trailer of the new E-Class and was blown away. If I didn't know any better I would have said that's an S-Class.

Interior is where I see a lot of potential for the Model S (Looks like they already improve a lot with the X). This will be a very strong competitor at least here in Germany and I guess overall in Europe.

A lot of people in the German forum come from this segment. Justifying the Model S purchase was often that it's and EV as well as the gas savings that come with it. Since prices have gone up almost 20% over the last year a 70D has now a higher starting price than a Mercedes S-Class. So that math doesn't work out that favourable anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange people are holding onto the concept of the Model S nosecone when we all know it was a redundant appended tacked on to the Model S to make it blend in better with ICE cars and that requirement is no longer necessary as Tesla has proven their electric cars are superior to their ICE counterparts and there is no need to tack on a piece of plastic to make the car look like a soon to be antiquated gasoline powered car.

I for one love the clean and modern look of the Model X front and I bet many of those complaining about it will come around to liking the look of new Model S design/facelift without a pointless faux grill appendage tacked on to the car for no reason.
For me, one of the selling points of the Model S is that it does look so much like an ICE car - I hate the fact that EV manufacturers feel compelled to design these futuristic cars just because the power train is futuristic - automotive designers have a pretty good handle on what people like. Most other EVs are very poor designs IMO. Volt, Prius, EV1 (RIP), even the Leaf to a degree although it is also closely related to its ICE counterpart so I give it a pass (but the Versa isn't pretty LOL).

I love what the Model X stands for and will probably order one some day but the design is something I will just tolerate. Not bad but a little to close to the old Toyota "jelly bean" minivan they produced in the 90's. I would personally give up on some wind resistance efficiency for a better design.

Makes me wonder if it would be cheaper to convert an existing SUV to electric than buy an X? ...but then I'd miss the tech of Tesla. :(

My point? I don't really care much for the nosecone of the Model S and hope they offer a better refresh but I would appreciate them keeping the look of a front air intake so it still looks like a traditional car.

Model S prices have gone up by 20% in one year?
Up to, depending on configuration. Got it from here: Preiserhöhungen Ende November 2015 Freunde

Have to admit I have to look a bit closer to understand it as options and model changes also play into it.

Didn't find a waybackmachine that worked so I just used google to find some reference.

Tesla stellt neue Basisversion Model S 70D vor So from March last year it seems like 8-11k € or 10% base price increase compared to todays design studio.