Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Out of curiosity so, when did you order your MY LR AWD?
I should had mentioned it, in May 2018 just before a $1,000 FSD increase if I remember.
But this is a LR AWD that ordered, not a LR RWD, I went to the wrong thread. But my point was the Not a Performance version.

Note: So what are the differences between the LR AWD and a Performance without the 21" upgrade

If both have 19’’ Gemini Wheels, is there any changes to the battery, Motors, Suspension to explain the $8,000 price difference?

- Model Y Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $60,990 (19’’ Gemini Wheels) Performance
- Model Y Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive $52,990 (19’’ Gemini Wheels) Long Range

Last edited:
Good: it means Tesla would give the change configuration options and very likely to honor the original price difference.
Bad: It means LR RWD would come even later than 7 seat / has even lower priority.

I think it probably only means Tesla has a clear plan on when the 7 seat version would be produced and is just reminding the reservation holders on the wait time and giving them an option to change their mind.. Tesla probably hasn't decided what to do with LR RWD reservations or they plan to produce it after taking care of the demand for performance and dual motor versions. I own a LR RWD Model 3 and LR RWD Model Y suits my needs This is probably the same case for most LR RWD reservation holders. Downgrading to SR with lower range and features or upgrading to dual motor at extra cost is not going to go well with RWD reservation holders. I think it all depends on how many out standing reservations there are for RWD version. If there is a significant number of reservations for RWD, the best option for Tesla would be to produce RWD version even if it is only for the existing reservation holders. I wish there was poll or reservation tracking site similar to what we had for Model 3 to try to estimate the number of RWD reservations

Not new here and I have witnessed Tesla’s shenanigans over the years. That’s candidly why I originally cancelled my deposit after being a day one preorder customer. I threw my hat back in the ring about a month ago. I hope I’m not wrong and they will eventually make the RWD for original preorder customers. Even if it’s after AWD and Performance buyers.

I’ll disagree with you from the stance that having a fully paid preorder for a specified product does create a bonafide entitlement (not an unreasonable one). I don’t think any logical person would disagree that it’s unfair to expect that an agreement between two parties be followed through on.

Anyhow, it’s just a car and I agree with your sentiment that life will go on if Tesla does fail to honor its commitment to preorder customers. That speaks volumes. Tesla will never occupy my garage if they don’t follow through on their commitment after receiving a preorder and a deposit. Hopefully they do follow through and it will be exciting to embrace the Tesla brand and Model Y experience. Simple as that.

I’ll bet there are lawyers salivating at the thought that Tesla will cancel preorders after they took the money and held it for months, or that they try to force depositors to increase the purchase price by requiring more options. Tesla isn’t likely to do that, but they could delay the manufacturing hoping the RWD orders give up and go away.

My LR RWD states the prepare for delivery too.

Attachments

• Messages Image(2918448634).png
    Messages Image(2918448634).png
    668.8 KB · Views: 105
What is the total price for you guys? For some reason my prepare for delivery page is less than when I bought it....not complaining.

Price$52,000
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)

• Model Y
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability