Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S70D Ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

So after a lot of day-dreaming and what-if's I pulled the trigger the other day and ordered an S70D at my local Tesla gallery. Will be locking up the order 10/22. Here's what I configured:

S70D
Deep Blue Metallic
19" Standard Wheels
Carbon Fiber trim
Grey Next-Gen Leather Sets
Premium Interior w/Black headliner
Subzero Package (it can get cold in Jersey)
Panoramic roof (it gets warm too)

I was previously driving a Porsche Cayman and BMW 3-series. I'm selling the Porsche and keeping the BMW as I wait for delivery. I may sell it down the road once I ease into EV-land, which I'm really excited about!

I haven't seen many pictures with this deep blue/grey leather/black headliner/carbon trim so if you have something close please share, I'd love to see pictures of your MS. I was debating getting the next generation seats vs. standard but decided to go with them since I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years.

I really enjoy this forum, thanks for indulging me on my "order announcement" :)

Thanks man! The budget is feeling a little pain but the only extra I didn't account for are the next generation seats. I'm getting a loaner with next gen seats for the weekend to test them out so I can make a more informed decision, very cool on the part of the dealership I'm working with. I'll probably get them anyways :)

I was thinking about the getting the red too, or the midnight silver metallic, but I saw the blue and it just popped so I decided to go with that.

This is awesome! Welcome to the new world! It is pretty sweet. Love your choices: the black headliner and grey seats would have been my choices, had I chosen to blow my budget.
Feel from to pm if you have any questions!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I love my Cayman and wish I could keep it, but selling it makes the MS so much easier to justify purchasing. Maybe one day I'll yearn for another 2 door coupe and another Cayman will be in my future. Fortunately the 70D is on par (slightly faster) than my Cayman so I won't be slowing down any.

Very nice!

I have a Cayman as well, and personally I'd keep it. It's a great companion to the Model S.

As a current Deep Blue Metallic 70D owner I applaud your choice, and think you must be uber smart.

As a former Cayman owner I have complete disdain for your choice to get rid of it in favor of the BMW. Are you some kind of idiot? I mean really??

But, in all seriousness I think you'll find the next-gen seats are essential especially if you drive the S anywhere close to how one would drive the Cayman.

I laughed when I read your post. I'm keeping the BMW because there's not much value left to it, not for love necessarily. I would love to keep the Cayman but unfortunately I couldn't purchase the MS without selling it. I haven't seen many deep blue MS's where I live and not sure why, the color just popped when I saw it. I have a 36 hour test drive this weekend with an S85 with the next-gen seats and I'm definitely going to get them.

As a current Deep Blue Metallic 70D owner I applaud your choice, and think you must be uber smart.

As a former Cayman owner I have complete disdain for your choice to get rid of it in favor of the BMW. Are you some kind of idiot? I mean really??

But, in all seriousness I think you'll find the next-gen seats are essential especially if you drive the S anywhere close to how one would drive the Cayman.

Well, I can understand that. The 70D is probably as fast (or faster) in a straight line, but as you know, it's an entirely different experience.

I love my Cayman and wish I could keep it, but selling it makes the MS so much easier to justify purchasing. Maybe one day I'll yearn for another 2 door coupe and another Cayman will be in my future. Fortunately the 70D is on par (slightly faster) than my Cayman so I won't be slowing down any.

Congrats OP! I ordered my 70D in late September and I'm told I should expect delivery in early/mid November. Can't wait! I got the Titanium metallic color but I agree with those who say the blue is gorgeous.

This is really exciting. I've been yapping about Tesla since the Roadster days. I was VERY close to putting down a deposit on the Model S when it was first announced, but I decided it was too risky and unproven. Well, here we are now. I went for a test drive with very high expecations and the Model S blew those expectations away! Even better, between my ordering and delivery, the AP functionality came out!

I'm beside myself with excitement and I know you are, too. It feels great to be part of something historic, but oh yeah, the car is SO SWEET too!

Thanks Yitt! I hope you get your delivery sooner than December. Titanium Metallic is a gorgeous color and I haven't seen many around yet sporting that paint. I typically see a lot of black, white or grey Tesla's. Like you I've been really excited about the company and the future it wants to create for motoring. I'm glad I can be a part of what is the beginning of change in the car industry.

I think the 70D is a great choice, it has those improvements Tesla worked on after the initial launch of the Model S and the standard features provide amazing value!

Tesla let me borrow an S85 for a 36-hour extended test drive and it was a really nice experience to get use to the car and see how it works in a regular day. It was pretty awesome! The car is super smooth, and very responsive, and even though I always thought it was a pretty car I enjoyed it more the admired it.

Like donjuan said, the worst part will be the waiting.

if it helps ease your pain, I have driven my 911s a total of 2 times in the 3 mi the since I received my 85D (similar performance numbers). You won't look back. The tesla is like your Cayman, always on sport plus mode, though effortless acceleration, and as much cargo space as a medium to large SUV.

Also, I think you chose well with grey, next gen, and black headliner. I admire that combo every day.

I also see see that you ordered at the dealership. Did they allow you to enter the $1k referral code? If not, I bet you could reorder with one.

Thanks for encouragement, glad to hear you're enjoying your 85D that much! I dropped my Cayman off to the dealer the other day and it was a bit of sad drive over, nonetheless excited about my 70D despite the recent CR article. The acceleration in these cars is amazing and it really gives you a lot of control that other cars just can't match due the EV having all the torque ready all the time. Porsche makes amazing cars and I'm really glad Tesla is trying to compete from a performance standard with them.

I did use a referral code and they basically copied my configuration over to a new order for me to apply it. It was pretty seamless. I still haven't told my buddy I used his code :)

if it helps ease your pain, I have driven my 911s a total of 2 times in the 3 mi the since I received my 85D (similar performance numbers). You won't look back. The tesla is like your Cayman, always on sport plus mode, though effortless acceleration, and as much cargo space as a medium to large SUV.

Also, I think you chose well with grey, next gen, and black headliner. I admire that combo every day.

I also see see that you ordered at the dealership. Did they allow you to enter the $1k referral code? If not, I bet you could reorder with one.

You will love the car, no matter what the Internet says. All they are doing, is trying to get TSLA stock for cheap...

Also I sent you a PM: we can't have you order without benefiting from the 2k$ off, can we? Thank you NADA and dino-car dealerships in VA and OH! :)