Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I’m down at Tonsley Innovation Park.
Not sure if this is the right thread, but close enough.
Really nice set up with shaded EV parking, 2x tritium fast chargers with ccs2 and Chademo, plus 3x double 22kw type 2 units.
Only issue is that only one of the type 2 chargers works, others are in fault.
Neither fast chargers works.

I have fond memories of that site. My Model 3 was delivered to that car park (the chargers in front of the old Mitsubishi building) over 4 years ago. Solar Garage wasn't built at the time.

Sadly, the Solar Garage was always going to turn out that way. It was built by a consortium of stakeholders, some using grant money. The site was always free, so there was no cost recovery to pay for new capital expenditure when things broke or needed replacement/upgrades.

I did say to a representative of one of the stakeholders that they should hand the site over to the RAA.

I understand the power is fed from an embedded network on site (cleanpeak), so it is not on the SAPN network. I'm sure RAA has a contract for electricity, so this site would be different, even if the site was suitable.

It's a great location, pretty much on top of South road, and close to Ayliffs road - located in a tech precinct, with medium density housing at the rear of the site. Maybe they will find an operator at some stage.

Reactions: B3AU and dronus
I have fond memories of that site. My Model 3 was delivered to that car park (the chargers in front of the old Mitsubishi building) over 4 years ago. Solar Garage wasn't built at the time.

Sadly, the Solar Garage was always going to turn out that way. It was built by a consortium of stakeholders, some using grant money. The site was always free, so there was no cost recovery to pay for new capital expenditure when things broke or needed replacement/upgrades.

I did say to a representative of one of the stakeholders that they should hand the site over to the RAA.

I understand the power is fed from an embedded network on site (cleanpeak), so it is not on the SAPN network. I'm sure RAA has a contract for electricity, so this site would be different, even if the site was suitable.

It's a great location, pretty much on top of South road, and close to Ayliffs road - located in a tech precinct, with medium density housing at the rear of the site. Maybe they will find an operator at some stage.
I hope so and agree that it is an awesome location, especially for fast chargers, not so much for slow chargers (unless you work nearby)

I’m glad I visited, always wanted to go there with my own EV like many before me :)

Dropped in to Moana to have a squiz.
It turns out I know someone who might be able to get some more info about this site… stay tuned…
IMG_9998.jpeg

My understanding according to Plug Share is we are expecting it commissioned this week or next. The property manager from MRS got back to Nismo:

View attachment 1035334
Yeah I know someone connected with one of the businesses there so I’ll have a chat with him tonight hopefully. He might or might not know anything.
It’s a good little site there. I went back past Seaford this morning but both chargers were in use.
I went back out to Seaford just then (4 hours later) and the same Mitsubishi pev was still camped in the type 2 spot, probably parked there all day. It was plugged in but being no idle there is no incentive to move.
If you were in that area enjoying the beaches and needed a charge, you would be waiting a while.

Ohh and I’ve written to the local member to bring the lack of EV charging in the south to their attention.
Was a very constructive and polite email, lets see if escalating it from my interactions with the council can help in any way.
I have had a dialogue in regards to this with several political members and others in regards to what’s going on.
The bland generic responses are not inspiring. More news as it progresses…

Last edited: