Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA Govt EV Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more information on some of the sites here.

The headline one in Adelaide being the most interesting,

"The Pasadena trial run by Planet Ark Power, for example, will see six ultra-fast and eight fast-charging stations powered by one megawatt, 1.25MWh battery energy storage system (BESS)."

Will this be the biggest non-tesla install in Oz? Bigger than Tesla just by connections though 'only' six ultra-fast.
Co-locating the battery is even more impressive.

Maybe a template for how further remote charging locations might work plus included remote solar. Adelaide one plans to charge BESS of grid excess solar. If this type of thing is used in remote locations could also help some of the remote location micro-grids move away for diesel generators.

The other interesting one is,
"357,490 for a new service station in Nuriootpa at Rocland Wines."
the service centre here seems to have finished the build recently. An article from over a year ago mentions the electric charging for the site,

This location is not that far from Gawler, 30km, I wonder if this is the service centre mentioned by the councillor when denying the Tesla supercharger. Note sure how many stalls the 350k will get.

Anyone within cooee of the Barossa able to see if there is any progress on the EV charging for this site?

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Here is the original source for the article,

I had interpreted the 'smart charging' as being relatively low power charging, most opportunist charging when solar available. Which may still partly be the case but these 'smart chargers' seem like they will be 100KW chargers',

"Smart chargers, providing up to 100kW of power to a vehicle, will fully charge an electric vehicle in 15 to 45 minutes as a customer enters the shopping centre."

More information again,

apparently 350k gets you
"The 10 rapid charging bays will provide up to 150kW of power output to a vehicle and customers will benefit from a flexible pricing model that will incentivize use during periods of high renewable energy generation."
This in reference to the Barossa site.
Maybe puts the Gawler councillor's comments in more context too.
Arguably larger than the proposal Gawler supercharger site.

Will be a Jet Charge site. Not sure how much extra they will need to put in to get to 10 150KW stations.

Looks like some big sites! Do we know if they're affiliated with the SA Electric Highway? The Nurioopta one might, since it mentions JET Charge, who are affiliated with Chargefox, who have the contract with RAA for the statewide network. Pasadena seems be run by another company.

Sounds like these sites are in addition to other announcements,
"These trials will complement South Australia’s state-wide EV Charging Network being rolled out by the RAA, with over 500 charging stations, at 140 sites in 52 locations across the state."

The Pasadena site is being done by "Planet Ark Power"/"eleXsys Energy". In one location it says this is being done by them for a customer. In another it implies it is there site. The company does sound more like it is about developing solutions rather than rolling there own. Maybe some form of demonstration project?

Sounds like these sites are in addition to other announcements,
"These trials will complement South Australia’s state-wide EV Charging Network being rolled out by the RAA, with over 500 charging stations, at 140 sites in 52 locations across the state."

The Pasadena site is being done by "Planet Ark Power"/"eleXsys Energy". In one location it says this is being done by them for a customer. In another it implies it is there site. The company does sound more like it is about developing solutions rather than rolling there own. Maybe some form of demonstration project?
The Pasadena site is owned by the Chapley family, and contains a very popular and innovative supermarket.

Reactions: David Sowden
No action yet at the Rocland Nuriootpa site but a probably location looks to be set a side here.
PXL_20221023_224556469.jpg

It is 10 spaces, the proposed number of stalls, and set apart from the other tenancies. And with a transformer nearby.

Since RAA aren't saying much - turned their map (https://www.raa.com.au/motor/motoring-services/ev-charging-network) into a spreadsheet to try and keep whatever info we glean into something useable.

Good idea! Note that many of the towns will have multiple sites - detailed in my post here - SA Govt EV Network - it might come in handy when sites start appearing.

I also maintain* a spreadsheet of sites nationally, but not as much detail as you (or rather, different detail) so it's good to have your sheet with specifics.

*maintain is not entirely accurate at the moment as its at least 2 months out of date. I need to add quite a few Evie sites, a number of BP ones, and add the announced NSW Govt funded sites (including the to-be-open-to-all-EVs Tesla sites)

Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
Good idea! Note that many of the towns will have multiple sites - detailed in my post here - SA Govt EV Network - it might come in handy when sites start appearing.

I also maintain* a spreadsheet of sites nationally, but not as much detail as you (or rather, different detail) so it's good to have your sheet with specifics.

*maintain is not entirely accurate at the moment as its at least 2 months out of date. I need to add quite a few Evie sites, a number of BP ones, and add the announced NSW Govt funded sites (including the to-be-open-to-all-EVs Tesla sites)

Thanks Chuq, this is *purely* about the RAA/SAGov roll out until it's all live and in PlugShare etc. Partially it's to nudge the RAA to start giving out some more info - I emailed them the list on an email thread I have with them to try and get them to help out! I pulled the list from the RAA map - my guess is the RAA map is *only* DC charging sites given the number of sites matches roughly to the number of chargers they're getting from Kempower. Personally DC charging is mostly what I care about to get across the state - I have only 2 EVs so without chargers I can't visit a lot of SA without effort!

Feel free to copy the list/have a pointer to it. I'm also happy to use your sheet if I can edit it.