Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA unresponsive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else working with a SA who doesn't respond to emails?

I ordered on 8/10, and got the nice summary email from the SA same day. Replied with a couple of questions, followed up twice, even cc'd in the gallery's main email address, and still haven't heard back in now 10 days.

Seems odd...

Anyone else working with a SA who doesn't respond to emails?

I ordered on 8/10, and got the nice summary email from the SA same day. Replied with a couple of questions, followed up twice, even cc'd in the gallery's main email address, and still haven't heard back in now 10 days.

Seems odd...

Not only "common" but expect not to hear from them basically until you have a vin number assigned to you, or have some specific ACTIONABLE thing for them to do, like "I found this car and need you to swap me to it" or "I cant take delivery before YYY date, please place me on the do not deliver list until this date.

Regular "sales" questions especially anything along the lines of "do you have any idea when I might get a vin?" or "how does this system work?" or anything of that nature likely wont get replied to.

I've mentioned this in another thread last month:

Your SA is generally somebody who works at the closest Tesla store to your address, so there’s a chance the sales rep you’ve been working with at the store in the mall might be your SA. However to know for sure, call or visit your local/closest Tesla store and ask any of the sales people in there if they can look up your SA.

Other way to find out is to email [email protected] and ask them. The person responding may just tell you the above info about calling or going into your local store, but they can also look this up. I didn’t ask, but the Tesla rep who replied to my auto finance email (about resetting my payment option on my account) gave my my SA’s contact info and copied her on the email. She then reset my payment option on my account the next day.

• Informative
Reactions: ryneezy
Thanks guys. I ordered in person at a gallery and this guy had walked me through, explained a bunch of stuff, set me up with a test drive, etc.

Makes sense that they need to focus on the folks with actionable items, but straight up ghosting is just bad.

Yeah I can go in person but have nothing actionable.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Rovin