Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score version 1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium currently reflects a 100 Safety Score, which I was able to finally achieve after a better understanding of how the software assesses the given safety metrics and adjusting my driving habits accordingly. Today, I received a notification that I will now be assessed based on the Beta 1.2 Safety Score. I guess the question is, does Tesla insurance automatically bump you up to version 1.2 when you reach a 100 safety score?

Safety Score Beta | Tesla Support

E52F7A6D-B6AE-4579-9769-0E4FF64BCF56.png

0020995F-0ACE-4D16-8A4A-9EBA3FA488CD.png

Last edited:
I just saw the email and checked. I started 1.2 today. Hopefully it’s a better system.
Not sure if it is yet. Today I got dinged for ‘hard braking’ when I never touched the brakes. Ended up with 99 for the drive today, which is no big deal, but I’d remember if I actually needed to hit the brakes rather than let regen braking do the work. I’ll keep an eye out but that was some shady *sugar*. It supposedly occurred halfway through an 18 minute drive (that never occurred). I know the route very well, and it doesn’t take anywhere near 18 minutes to get from where I was to where I was going. Maybe 10 minutes tops if road conditions are bad or if there’s unusually heavy traffic.