Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Samsung Z Flip 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are actually using the phone for streaming audio, the charging pad is too low powered to be useful anyway. I can charge my Galaxy Fold on it, but I ended up getting some good USB C data cables and plugging them into the back seat USB ports (don't need to share data).

Keith

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I can confirm that it doesn't work with the new model s. The coil is too low on the phone to hit the coil on the car which is about at the hinge area of the phone.

@motothumper I don't call where, but I've seen a little "adapter" piece for charging an Air Pods case. Basically it's a little piece of plastic (probably 3d-printed?) that sits at the bottom of charger slot and pushes the case up to the right height to charge. Maybe something similar exists (or could be built/improvised) for the Flip 3 as well? Just thinking out loud here.

My Model 3 (collected on Friday) won't charge my Z Flip 3 in any orientation, folded or unfolded. However, a standard sized matchbox, which I have covered neatly in sticky-backed flock/velvet from Amazon, has solved this. The folded phone sits on top of it quite securely, and charges perfectly.

For version 2 I'll try to match the colour better - the difference here is made to look worse than it actually is by the phone flash.

20211211_170205.jpg

My Model 3 (collected on Friday) won't charge my Z Flip 3 in any orientation, folded or unfolded. However, a standard sized matchbox, which I have covered neatly in sticky-backed flock/velvet from Amazon, has solved this. The folded phone sits on top of it quite securely, and charges perfectly.

For version 2 I'll try to match the colour better - the difference here is made to look worse than it actually is by the phone flash.

View attachment 743444
Nice!
I was about to cut out a piece of wood and paint it black.
Although, I might buy a box of tic tacs tomorrow and see if that works for me.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I checked Thingiverse and someone posted a 3d printable spacer that is supposed to position it high enough to charge (when folded). I've printed it but my EDD isn't until March so I don't know if it works yet.

I checked Thingiverse and someone posted a 3d printable spacer that is supposed to position it high enough to charge (when folded). I've printed it but my EDD isn't until March so I don't know if it works yet.
that looks like a good idea. how do you purchase it?

It's meant to be 3d printed. I have a 3d printer so I just printed one myself. There are some online 3d printing services where you send the design file and they print it/ship it to you. I haven't used any of them since I have a printer so I can't recommend one.
Hi mate, I can't find a 1 off 3D printing company ... can i pay you to print me one please?

Bbeakley is an absolute Hero!

I asked him to give me some costs on 3D Printing me 1 for my car and very kindly did me 2 of them and posted all for free.

I now have a spare which i'm willing to post to someone for free if you message me.

Works perfectly ... needs felt or velcro to stop it from moving but perfect position.

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 12.01.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 12.01.32 PM (1).jpeg

I asked him to give me some costs on 3D Printing me 1 for my car and very kindly did me 2 of them and posted all for free.

I now have a spare which i'm willing to post to someone for free if you message me.

Works perfectly ... needs felt or velcro to stop it from moving but perfect position.
Nice community!!!

One thing worth checking is your local library. mine will 3D print 1 item a week for you for free (well paid for by my taxes)

Reactions: AntCahill
Yay, glad they made it.

View attachment 775670

View attachment 775669
Glad they made it and they work! My EDD got pushed to May so still waiting to test mine :)

View attachment 775670

View attachment 775669Do you still have the extra part? I'm in the same boat. Z flip 3 for my phone & Model y for my car.