TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

San Clemente can't open fast enough.

Discussion in 'California' started by Cosmacelf, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

IMG_1391.JPG This is the problem with living in San Diego. When you make a day trip to Los Angeles, you need to get some charge at either Fountain Valley or San Clemente. At 1pm in the afternoon tiday (Thursday) this is what they looked like.

• Like x 1
  2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Yeah, and that doesn't even show the wait line for those two, which is probably 3-5 deep at each location.

3. REDI KW

REDI KW Supporting Member

#3 REDI KW, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    I charged at the San Juan Capistrano SC on Monday. The last available spot was the pull-in and it started out at 20kw. After an hour, I still couldn't make back to San Diego. A few minutes later, a few cars changed and it ramped up to ~ 60kw . I got what I needed and left ASAP. There were three Tesla's waiting to charge, when I pulled out.
    Definitely the slowest SC experience I've ever had!

• Informative x 1
  4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

So when I got to San Juan Capistrano, one charger out of seven was down. I waited a few minutes to get in (there is a Tesla valet here), and am now charging at 36 kW. Le sigh.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Note that earlier today a thread about the coming Carlsbad Supercharger was started because the permit was found. So that will help as well.

6. azred

azred Member

Oh, stop complaining and buy a mattress for the rear of your car. When another million Model 3s hit the road shortly, your only worry will be the lines at the portapottys.