Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not gotten a ticket for the Opening, but will be at the Reno TMC 2016.
I am hoping that someone out there will have a ticket but no "guest", and
that I could be there guest. I would be happy to pay something for the invite.
Does anyone know someone?

I only got a chance to be invited in the lottery 3 days ago. Kinda hard to schedule last minute. I will find out Monday whether I was drawn or not. I'd like to go to both the GF opening and the TMC meeting. I'm not going unless I can do both so I'm standing by in Phx, AZ. Hope there are some fellow members that got invited to and and might consider inviting me to go along. I've had an 85-D since 3/13/15 and ordered my X a few days ago. With the late invitation to be included in the drawing, I'm wondering if it's really a random drawing. Bill

I'll be attending TMC Connect and, of course, would love to attend the GF party as someone's guest.

I can't offer $$ but I can be a personable and fairly informed conversationalist with an interest in plugin cars. I write occasional online articles about topics related to electrified vehicles and would likely write about the GF event.

Please consider me as your guest to the party. Thanks in advance!

Just saw this article ... looks like we may have Model 3 test rides :cool:

Tesla sends out ‘Gigafactory Grand Opening’ invites: test drives, factory tours and remarks are scheduled

One of the prizes for the latest round of Tesla’s referral program, which ended last Friday, was an invite for two at the ‘Gigafactory Grand Opening’ on July 29. The invites are now going out with a few more details on the event, as well as a raffle for more invites for Tesla owners.

The event will start at 6pm at Tesla’s ‘Gigafactory 1’ at 1 Electric Avenue, Sparks, Nevada, on July 29th. Attendees will be offered test drives, without specifying for which vehicles, and they will offer factory tours before and after “remarks” at 9pm. Here’s are the bullet points in the RSVP:

• Your RSVP is good for yourself and one guest.
  • Invitations are non-transferable and ID will be checked on arrival. Guests must arrive at the same time as the primary ticket holder.
  • Check-in will open at 5pm.
  • Factory Tours and test rides will be offered on a first to arrive basis from 6-9pm. Time slots will be allocated at check-in.
  • Remarks will begin at 9pm, tours and rides to resume after remarks.
  • Children must be over the age of 8 and over 48 inches tall.
This is the invite for the Tesla owners who referred 4 or more new buyers:

Other Tesla owners have received invitations to enter a raffle to win an invite to the event. Some of the owners who received this invitation reportedly also referred 4 or more new buyers, but didn’t received the direct invite, which created some confusion.

We contacted Tesla to get some clarifications and we will update when we have more details.
Here’s the invite to enter the raffle:

gigafactory-invite-4.png

Aside from current Tesla owners, we also reported that Tesla quietly created a ‘Golden Ticket’ drawing for all the Model 3 reservation holders who placed a pre-order during the first day and randomly selected 12 winners to receive an all-expenses paid trip to the Gigafactory Grand Opening. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been building up expectations recently for the event to be something quite special. He said that “one thing Tesla is good at is we throw good parties”.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Just FYI, the invite says "test RIDES" not "test DRIVES"... so I suspect it will be just like the Model 3 Reveal event where there will be Tesla employees driving all the test vehicles around a pre-determined track. At least for Model 3. Model S/X Ludicrous might allow test drives.

Agreed ... I am still excited to ride in the Model 3 :cool:

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Not so long ago folks used to be happy to share their 'guest slots' with fellow enthusiasts/owners for free, now many folks want payment.

What changed?

Very sad indeed.

To others taking payment, in Tesla's rules of contest #2 and 3, I believe no commercialization of the contest was stated. Could that extend to the prizes, hmmm. Another reason why not to take advantage of others.

It is exciting! We were fortunate to have been at the Model 3 event in Hawthorne and the test rides were great! Very impressed with the Model 3, it looks even better in person than in the pictures. The red one was awesome!

Me too! But let's just say that by the time we got to the M3 rides, I had throughly enjoyed the open bar, so the one M3 ride I got is a bit of a blur in my memory.

So I really have to be careful this time around. Like I said before, the M3 event was nothing short of a religious experience. I'm not sure I'll have the willpower, though.

• Funny
Reactions: Saxena
Be great if ½ the people attending TMC Connect won this latest lottery and brought the other ½.

Other than not wanting to cheapen the experience for those who won on referrals, it seems a shame to have the TMC Connect crew only 24 miles from the party, at their own expense, and not have them at the bash.
Yes - They've been generous in the past, giving us Elon for the keynote at the first TMC Connect (Teslive), party at Fremont that year with George B., and use of their HQ for the evening party another year. If they wanted to help Doug to blow the lid on TMC Connect attendance they'd allow a $100 add on to the convention fee to attend the Gigafactory bash.