Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got an answer from Tesla: "Thank you for your note. If you qualified for Gigafactory Grand Opening tickets during multiple phases of the Referral Program you will be allocated tickets accordingly. You can expect to receive a formal invitation in the coming days where you’ll have the opportunity for RSVP for you and your guests"

I should have 6 tickets by winning two in each of the three referral programs. Doug is going with me and my wife so far. I offered him the rest to give out as door prizes at TMCConnect.

Thanks Reeler, that is such a generous offer, and makes TMC Connect even more exciting if that's even possible :)

I just recently hit my 5th referral (confirmed on the Tesla site), but haven't heard anything about the grand opening invite yet. Anyone else in this situation? Seems odd they'd hold off on sending invites considering it's only a bit over a week away.

Well, my friend who got 4 referrals in the last round got his invite for himself and one guest. So I wonder what's going on?

Is Tesla limiting multiple referral round winners to just two guests max, or is there an error on my account missing the third guest?

Whichever it is, based on this, I'd bet nobody is going to get a self+5 guest RSVP letter. :/

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Those of us who fell short of four got a lottery ticket...
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 7.06.37 AM.png

Received my Gigafactory invitation. I sent the RSVP and received another email saying I'm not confirmed because it's only for invited guests. I need to find out who to contact at Tesla to correct their mistake.

There's a persistent bug on their invite pages.. Same thing happened with the model 3 event. Try two things:

- delete all teslamotors.com and tesla.com cookies
- make sure you RSVP with your mytesla account email address-- the default email that self populates on the form might be the wrong one.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Those of us who fell short of four got a lottery ticket...View attachment 185553
Be great if ½ the people attending TMC Connect won this latest lottery and brought the other ½.

Other than not wanting to cheapen the experience for those who won on referrals, it seems a shame to have the TMC Connect crew only 24 miles from the party, at their own expense, and not have them at the bash.

Reactions: Saxena
There's a persistent bug on their invite pages.. Same thing happened with the model 3 event. Try two things:

- delete all teslamotors.com and tesla.com cookies
- make sure you RSVP with your mytesla account email address-- the default email that self populates on the form might be the wrong one.

OK it's confirmed now. I tried unsuccessfully to confirm from my IPad. I then tried to confirm from my iMac and it worked perfectly. The invitation on my iMac allowed me to choose +1 but that field was not visible on my iPad. Strange. Thanks Hank and Bonnie for your assistance. :).

Reactions: HankLloydRight